General discussion

Samsung T-CHU7DEUC-3002.1 Firmware Upgrade 26th October

Just noticed the new firmware for this TV (26/10/2010).
Anyone know if this adds DTS support for mkv files or if it allows built in subtitles, or just what the changes are?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung T-CHU7DEUC-3002.1 Firmware Upgrade 26th October
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung T-CHU7DEUC-3002.1 Firmware Upgrade 26th October
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
7020 40" LED TV

Sorry forgot to mention my tv is the 7020 40" LED TV
(UE40B7020WW)

- Collapse -
Same Problem as before!!!!

I also have the UE40B7020 model TV. I cant get the upgrade to work as they've put the file revision numbers the same as the release from last month!

When will Samsung learn that they also need to update these so that the TV will pick them up.

Also when will I be able to just download them via the internet connection!

Fish

- Collapse -
The best way to find out is

To test if it did. MKV support is not a sure thing. I've found that how you encode the files can cause some to fail. What I learned from all this is to "go with what works."

However there are folk that want to download MKVs and not do the encoding. I fear they will be the most demanding for a fix.
Bob

- Collapse -
Updated

Well managed to update to this firmware but haven't noticed anything different.
Still no DTS support for MKV and still no subtitles if its built into the file.
Sad face.

I always have to convert to AC3 if I get a DTS one. It's a bit of a bore.
You also have to extract the subtitles to a separate file. Oh well.

- Collapse -
Updated - New!

Thanks for the info,

Have they done anything with an aspect ratio fix?

- Collapse -
Doubtful

Doesn't look to be any changes on the aspect stuff, although for the record when streaming to the device through the samsung software I only have the aspect ratio issue on some files.

Steaming with media player doesn't fit at all.
How are you streaming to it?

- Collapse -
Aspect Ratio

I've tried from cia DNLA and from USB, both give aspect ratio problems and won't always stretch to take up the full screen. I would ideally like 4:3 stuff to strech acroos a 16:9 screen but is doesn't look like it will work. Guess I'll wait another 6 months or so for the next upgrade.

I might upload some test files to rapidshare so you or others can test them to provide feedback. (I'll keep them from 10 - 20 Meg). I haven't got time today but would be keen if anyone with 3002.1 firmware to test. I'll post up links later on this week if thats ok.

- Collapse -
Yeah

Yeah feel free to post them somewhere and I can test them on mine.
Think the issue will be the same across the board though.

- Collapse -
Aspect ratio

The reason for this is that the TV doesn't use the Picture Aspect Ratio flag in Media Play video files. Some files will not have square pixels, so will need stretching. Samsung has not so far implemented a fix in B-series and probably won't now, although the C-series sets have a "full screen" option.

If you want a fix for this, check here:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/samygo/index.php?title=Video_AR_Fix

CNET Forums

Forum Info