Samsung forum

Question

Samsung Syncmaster (940BW) (Power Light) FAST Blink

I have no display.

Power light have been blinking normally (like if it where in suspend mode) and later started with a fast blink (regular time off / 300ms On)

This was is a power supply problem that supossedly I have already fixed the "main part" - since the blinking continues does anyone knows if this is some kind of code?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Syncmaster (940BW) (Power Light) FAST Blink
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Syncmaster (940BW) (Power Light) FAST Blink
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Check for a service manual.

In reply to: Samsung Syncmaster (940BW) (Power Light) FAST Blink

Samsung service manuals are not on the internet for free. www.samsungparts.com has some but some just don't get it. That is, a tech that paid for theirs won't be sharing the manual.

Monitors are now too cheap to fix.

Collapse -
Answer
Thanks for the reply (forgot to say that m not a newb...

...I'm not a newb (forgot to tell xD ) - that being said - of course it's not that, BUT THANKs for the reply!

There's nothing about that blinking on the service manual - I do believe that (probably a Cap - or some kind of the Switched Power supply not managing to mantain tthe votlage when the monitor tries to startup and this voltage droping really fast shuts the light fast as well! (this because there' no mention of blinking times on the service manual

although I have to verify this since it's an ideia that came to me a while ago and I'm travelling so I can't measure it right now.....

Collapse -
You're right.

In reply to: Thanks for the reply (forgot to say that m not a newb...

All symptoms are not in the service manuals. This is not possible and when you see a new symptom you use your prior repairs along with the manual to find the bad board.

I see you wrote about a CAP but today it's rare to replace chips and caps unless you visually find them defective. This can really upset folk that want to do component level repair but at 150USD a hour here, we at best will swap boards and if that cures it, button it up and send the bad board back to the depot or to recycling depending on the maker's repair system.

Monitors today are usually a single board. Sometimes two. So it makes trouble shooting pretty easy.

Collapse -
Answer
what is CNET.com?

................... actually there was a bad Cap that was what originated the whole problem (since I forced it to startup and probably there's another "component level this" to fix...

this being said....... I've posted in this (and other) forum without checking what kind of forum it was first

what is "CNET.com"?

Collapse -
CNET is a review site.

In reply to: what is CNET.com?

The forums are pretty much a set of discussion forums loosely linked to the main site.

There's a lot of history where these came from. Way back to GEnie, then MSN onto something and bought up by CNET.

All mods are volunteers, no one is paid (except for the Gods.) So this leads to how things work the way they are. That is, you can find support here but it's not a sure thing.

There are a lot of knowledgeable mods here from a wide background.

Collapse -
Answer
sorry.. "my bad" - close this thread.

....... it was the kind of answer that lead me to the question! - sorry I shouldn't have posted anything here,

... the admin who sees this may close this thread.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.