General discussion

Samsung Syncmaster 2333HD

Haven't seen this problem yet. I had accessed my service menu to see how much Panel time was used, after turning the tv back off and back on the cable settings were gone, and I can not acquire a cable signal the VGA output from my computer works just fine, however the coaxial cable does not. Any suggestions would be great.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung Syncmaster 2333HD
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung Syncmaster 2333HD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Samsung Syncmaster 2333HD

nolewag,

Unfortunately, I'm unable to assist after the service menu has been accessed. If you can recall if something was changed, you might try changing it back. Otherwise, it may likely require service.

Also, try a different cable input just to test and see if the problem is consistent with a different co-ax input. Maybe something happened to the cable as you were removing it. The likelihood of this happening is small, but I've seen stranger things...

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Thanks

Thank you for responding, I didn't change anything except go to the options byte and saw that there was 160 some hrs of panel time, after hitting return a few times and nothing happened I turned it off and back on then nothing. I understand there you can't assist any further, I have already sent it to be serviced. I spoke to a tech and he stated that by going to the menu, It shouldn't have affected my TV. Do you know if by accessing the menu if it voids my warranty?

- Collapse -
Thanks

nolewag,

Service would have to determine if the warranty is void. Performing changes in the service menu is something that can break the TV, so having it serviced is probably the best move.

--HDTech

CNET Forums