Samsung forum

Question

samsung sp-56k3hd shutting down

by bigg1115 / April 15, 2012 1:11 AM PDT

Hi gutted my tv started shutting down after about 3 seconds of viewing.
the sound stays on for around 4 seconds then it goes of as-well itself.
iv tried re-seating the bulb
and iv tried just taping the switch on the lamp door to see if its just that switch but still the same.

The tv just keeps re starting then shutting down itself.

bulb looks ok but iv owned the tv for around 4 years and its never been changed.

Any ideas on what it could be, i don't really have the money to buy a bulb and it not be that.

thanks for looking

George

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: samsung sp-56k3hd shutting down
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: samsung sp-56k3hd shutting down
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
"gutted"?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 15, 2012 1:17 AM PDT

Not sure what that means but my question is.

How long since you put in a new bulb? If never, the chances of it being that are much higher.
Bob

Collapse -
hi bob
by bigg1115 / April 15, 2012 1:23 AM PDT
In reply to: "gutted"?

do you think it will be worth just changing the bulb,
i dont really want to get the spare tv from upstairs its tiny lol.

Collapse -
Without an answer to my question.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 15, 2012 1:31 AM PDT
In reply to: hi bob

And even then this is not a sure thing. It's simply that if it is the original bulb the chances that it will fix it are much higher.

If you want an absolute spot on diagnosis, the tech that does such things will come to the set and they will change it and see. If it's not that, they will put back the old bulb and you won't pay for the bulb.
Bob

Collapse -
thanks r.proffit
by bigg1115 / April 15, 2012 1:37 AM PDT

What sort of price should i be looking to pay if i get one to come out to test it fella?
iv never had anyone out for stuff like this before so i could do without being ripped off lol.

thanks

Collapse -
The price varies with location.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 15, 2012 1:48 AM PDT
In reply to: thanks r.proffit

I can't know how much in your town. Sorry.
Bob

Collapse -
thanks bob
by bigg1115 / April 15, 2012 5:48 AM PDT

thanks again fella

i spoke to someone else who said the capacitors need to be checked so ill strip it down tomorow and keep you updated

thanks

george

Collapse -
bulb
by bigg1115 / April 17, 2012 2:58 AM PDT
In reply to: thanks bob

just wondering would the bulb still light up for a couple of seconds if it was broke

thanks

Collapse -
Sadly yes.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 17, 2012 3:08 AM PDT
In reply to: bulb

But I'll leave it to some tech to explain why.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
samsung sp-56k3hd shutting down
by goodbrooklyn / July 30, 2012 5:29 AM PDT

hi did you get this problem fixed cos i got the same thing happening to mine an i would also like to get mine fixed.

thanks

gareth

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?