Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung soundbar with Sharp TV and Samsung Blu-ray

by jwingbar / September 29, 2012 9:35 AM PDT

I have a Sharp LED 60inch TV, Samsung soundbar and samsung Blu-ray player. I have connected soundbar directly to tv with digital cable, connected comcast HD cable box directly to HDMI1 on tv and connected samsung blu-ray directly via HDMI2. I have selected D-in for source on sound bar. The only way to get sound from tv is to manually change PC-in to HDMI and back on sharo tv menu. I canot get ANY sound from samsung blu-ray through soundbar.....HELP ME!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung soundbar with Sharp TV and Samsung Blu-ray
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung soundbar with Sharp TV and Samsung Blu-ray
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Most of the time
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 29, 2012 9:40 AM PDT

I find myself fishing around for the digital audio output type. Look for PCM. We know that 5.1 won't work.
Bob

Collapse -
Samsung Soundbar with Sharp TV and SONY Blu-ray player
by CountryGal1989 / September 30, 2012 11:39 AM PDT

I'm having the exact same issue except on a SONY Blu-ray player. My Samsung Soundbar has been relocated from my apartment to my parents place and they are having issues with getting it to work.

On the Samsung TV (55") at my apartment, I had my Samsung Blu-ray hooked up to the HDMI 2 and Comcast cable box hooked up to HDMI 1 with the Samsung Soundbar hooked up to the Digital Audio Output with the source on D-in. The sound works great for both Comcast and the Samsung Blu-ray player.

At my parents place, they have their DirectTV satellite receiver hooked up to HDMI1 on the TV, SONY Blu-Ray hooked up to HDMI2 on the TV and the Samsung Soundbar hooked up to the Digital Audio Output on the TV with the source on D-in. The sound comes in great for the satellite on HDMI1, but not for the SONY Blu-ray. We've also tried swapping the HDMI 1 and 2 inputs and still doesn't work for the Blu-ray. We've tried various methods that we could think of, but none have worked. We've changed the parameters on the TV and Blu-ray, changed input methods, etc. None of it works.

We're willing to try any ideas people can offer. Thanks!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?