Samsung forum

Question

Samsung SoundBar Skips audio when streaming through TV ARC

I have a Samsung Blu Ray connected by high speed HDMI to a Samsung Sound Bar connected by high speed HDMI to the TV ARC on a Samsung TV.

Samsung to Samsung to Samsung

When streaming from Netflix or Amazon, the soundbar skips, as if it is lagging. It happens about every two minutes, and is just a short blip in the audio.

The Soundbar works fine when playing BluRay
The Soundbar Works fine when watching terrestrial TV signals.
The TV audio works fine when streaming content, but it is a sucky speaker.

Why is my soundbar skipping when I stream content?

Is there a different configuration I should try?

Thanks,
Alec

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung SoundBar Skips audio when streaming through TV ARC
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung SoundBar Skips audio when streaming through TV ARC
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Just one idea.

In reply to: Samsung SoundBar Skips audio when streaming through TV ARC

Make sure the audio is stereo. Some sound bars do what you reported on 5.1 so look around. There's also some issue with content. Even my Kindle Fire HD has shown that some content is less than perfect. I'm not there so I can't check settings or see if it is on all content.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung SoundBar Skips audio when streaming through TV A

Hi Alec,

I'm sorry to hear about this issue. Model numbers would be helpful in trying to determine an alternate configuration. The one thing that occurred to my mind is that you could try an optical out connection from the TV.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Samsung Sound Bar Skipping

We are also having the same problem. HW-F450 is the sound bar model number. We have a Samsung TV that we bought at the same time three months ago. We have the optical out from the TV as you mention above and it still skips. I can provide more information on the current configuration and tv model if needed.

Collapse -
Re: Samsung Sound Bar Skipping

In reply to: Samsung Sound Bar Skipping

Hi Alec,

I'm sorry to hear you're having a similar problem. Please do feel free to fully describe your setup with model numbers and connection types. Also, please let me know all what you're tried so far.

HD Tech

Collapse -
same issue

In reply to: Re: Samsung Sound Bar Skipping

I am also having the exact same issue. Samsung TV model # UN40F6300AF / Sound Bar HW-F450 and now with HW-F550. I had the f450 which had the sound cutting out, upgraded to the f550 and the cutting out is still present. I have already upgraded the sound bars firmware but no help to the latest version but did not help. Really disappointing since both sound bars sound so good when working. Have any solutions been found? Thanks.

Collapse -
Answer
Skipping On Netflix

I have the skipping problem (irregular, every minute +/-) using my Crystal Surround Air Track soundboard when I am streaming Netflix to the TV and Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 sound is selected for the Netflix title.

If I use the TV speakers or select Stereo for the Netflix title I don't have this problem. I also don't seem to have this problem if I am playing a DVD or streaming Netflix from my DVD player. It's just the SmartTV streaming to the soundboard that is causing the problem.

My TV: UN60ES7150
MY Sound Board: HW-E450C (Crystal Surround Air Track)

As far as I know I have the latest software/firmware upgrades.

It sure would be nice to get Dolby Digital Plus using on two remotes. Please let me know if this is a known problem and if there is a workaround.

Thanks,
Lou

Collapse -
It looks like you created your own new post at link.

In reply to: Skipping On Netflix

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.