Question

Samsung Soundbar HT-X810, cannot connect sound to tv

Apr 20, 2016 12:33AM PDT

Hello,

I have just recently purchased the above sound bar second hand off a friend, unfortunately there was no leads or no sub woofer with it.

I can connect my phone to it via Bluetooth, but when I connect a hdmi lead into the back and then connect this to my Samsung smart tv I cannot get any sound through? I have tried accessing the settings on my smart tv which all seem to be correct but cannot get sound?

Can I use my soundbar whilst watching sky tv also? Or is it something that can only be used while watching movies on a dvd player?

Thank you for any advice

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung Soundbar HT-X810, cannot connect sound to tv
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung Soundbar HT-X810, cannot connect sound to tv
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Sounds defective.
Apr 20, 2016 6:46AM PDT

Since Bluetooth works maybe you can put a bluetooth audio transmitter on the TV?

Remember I did not go to Samsung.com to read the product manual. That's something you would do.

- Collapse -
Soundbar
Apr 20, 2016 6:59AM PDT

Hi,

would I need to buy a transmitter just for my tv unit then?

I have visited the product manual, I am still trying to get my head around the Anynet+ system.

- Collapse -
You have more pressing issues than Anynet, amigo
Apr 20, 2016 9:05AM PDT

You bought an older wireless soundbar system *without* the required subwoofer. So it's a non-starter. It's not intended nor will it be useful to utilize this particular piece of audio equipment w/o the sub too. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Sad.

- Collapse -
Bad news I fear.
Apr 20, 2016 9:38AM PDT

Anynet and ARC are hit and miss solutions. I've learned to give them a try and if they don't work, quickly setup another way. Only those and I mean no offense that are gluttons for punishment lose time over ARC (audio return channel) or Anynet.

For me I'll hit the manuals on the TV and soundbar and try other setups. Optical cables are cheap. Service hours are hundreds.

CNET Forums

Forum Info