Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung Soundbar HT-WS1G - Wireless Iterference

by scraig6941 / August 5, 2009 10:07 AM PDT

Recently bought the above referenced sound bar which has a wireless sub woofer. System sounds great however it appears to be causing interference with other wireless devices. Specifically I loose my wireless signal on our laptop if in the same room as the sound bar. I have seen this as a complaint from some other customers on retail web sites however I have not seen any suggestions on how to rectify the problem. Do you have any suggestion?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Soundbar HT-WS1G - Wireless Iterference
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Soundbar HT-WS1G - Wireless Iterference
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung Soundbar HT-WS1G - Wireless Iterference
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 5, 2009 10:35 AM PDT

scraig6941,

I've not found this issue on this forum, but my initial thought would be to have the wireless computer on in the same room, and then re-sync the sub. (Press reset in the back for 4 seconds, and hold down the mute button until the lights on the display stop).

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
wireless interference
by an66223 / January 18, 2011 6:42 AM PST

I bought this soundbar too and very dissatified with it. I have my wireless internet router on a different floor as the speaker, as far away as I can get it from it and since the wireless speaker is on the same frequency (2.4 GHz) it causes interference. I can't believe that Samsung would make a product that does this. Wireless internet is used so much, I don't feel that I should have sacrifice my connection. Basically I have to use the soundbar without the sub and you can imagine how this sounds when I've spent over $200 to purchase this product. I am very disappointed.

Samsung customer service is a joke! They continue to tell me, "I've never heard of this being a issue before and I'm sorry I can't help you"

This product needs to be recalled and redesigned.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?