Question

Samsung smart wireless not finding network

Please help, its driving me bananas now. Our Samsung smart tv UE49ES69001 - being working fine - when we first got it, switched on and it picked up the wireless signal immediately with no hassle.

Talktalk have now sent me a new router to upgrade my signal. I took off the Netgear router and put this one on - my desk top Vista and my lap top Windows 7, are both working fine. I had to fiddle with my wireless HP printer but after using the wizard again that also works. BUT my smart tv is saying it cannot find my wireless network.

Can anyone suggest anything to cure this problem please

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung smart wireless not finding network
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung smart wireless not finding network
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
sorry guys, dont know how to delete question

Just to report after posting my plea for help as above, I rang samung help line. They told me that I needed the MAC and IP for the new router and then enter manually. Back I go to talktalk who tell me that I dont need to enter anything manually as the tv will pick up the wireless. They tell me I need to may be remove the old netgear router details from the tv memory. I go back to samsung as I cant find the netgear details on the tv to remove. I didnt get through though and I just carried on clicking bits on the tv menu. Suddenly the talktalk wireless network is showing - woo hoo - clicked on it, it automatically connected and Im back to square one.

Now, do not ask me HOW - but just to let you know it is working now so that I dont waste anyones time answering. How I wish I knew how it happened though.

- Collapse -
(NT) Thanks. Will lock this one now.

CNET Forums