Samsung forum

Question

Samsung smart vieuw 2 not working iphone 5c

by mkomman / November 26, 2014 9:23 PM PST

Hi there,

I have a nice new samsung television and i am happy with the picture except .....

I downloaded the samsung smart v 1 app it recognize my tv but no acces because the tv needs start v 2. I downloaded smart v 2 and its not recognizing my tv at all. the people of the help desk can't help me neither. The tv should give a notice where you can accept the incoming request but nothing happens. Also a simple remote app won't work on the iphone an the dame problem wit my tab4. No popup for accepting incoming .... ehhhh help?

thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung smart vieuw 2 not working iphone 5c
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung smart vieuw 2 not working iphone 5c
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Sorry no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 26, 2014 10:50 PM PST

But I do try. The usual is a firewall in the router. It must be off for this to work. I noted this and why Samsung can't help at times is it's not their network. As folk wanted more security, firewalls were added to routers and that does break apps like this. There's also more such as the TV setup but I'll take your word Samsung checked out your Smart Hub setup.

I can't check if the TV does this as the full model is missing as well as which iOS is on the 5c. The router model is not here either. Not that it would change much but it means I can't look for known troublemakers.

Hope it's the usual, More at http://forums.cnet.com/7726-7589_102-5412417.html?tag=posts;msg5412417
Bob

Collapse -
hi
by mkomman / November 26, 2014 11:57 PM PST
In reply to: Sorry no.

i have a 40 ue 5502 i think haha
5c iOS 8
vodafone router
netgear readynas
asustor 202 nas
time capsule
netgeer switch
airport extreme configured as a switch
unifi accespoint

unifi is the only one with wifi the rest is configured as switch. Ip adres is given by the vodafone router and there is no problem.

Youtube netflix is working and the samsung tests in the menu gives a green light.

The tab4 8" with the samsung link app is working.

Collapse -
I think this is beyond Samsung's support.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 27, 2014 12:12 AM PST
In reply to: hi

That's a complicated network. Samsung has been noted to stick to the networking rules. Some don't understand this so here's one of many examples where the maker had to change their router code:
http://www.tp-link.us/article/?faqid=510

http://www.samsung.com/us/search/espsearch.us?keyword=40ue5502 came up empty so I can't check that model out.

Given the network complexity I would not expect this to work. The link I offered about the firewall works fine with YouTube and green lights but that does cause DLNA, Smart View and more to falter. I can't guess why this network has so many parts but get with your network setup folk and work it over.
Bob

Collapse -
Hi
by mkomman / November 27, 2014 12:25 AM PST

Network is simple.... also 4 camera's and never had a problem.

DLNA UPNP is working fine from the NAS systems with audio and video. Plex app is working great and no problems.

Only problem is that smart v1 recognizes the tv but is not connecting because its a 2014 tv. And the smart v2 can not find the tv... ? strange isn't it?

Maybe Samsung a idea the will mail me back.. support doesn't know why it doesn't work.

I can say i am a network expert but why this isn't working i don't have a clue

Collapse -
Not strange at all.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 27, 2014 12:40 AM PST
In reply to: Hi

That TP-Link issue caught many by surprise. Nothing like programming "by the book" to break stuff.

Since Samsung doesn't control your network and I can't find the model as given, I am guessing Samsung has told you this does work. I haven't had them fib yet but have encountered network issues over and over. It could be as simple as the date/time isn't set on the TV, another Smart Hub login issue or other. Given the network is all what you listed, it's on my list.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?