Samsung forum

Question

Samsung Smart TV You Tube

by BEEFHEART0193 / December 22, 2012 12:20 AM PST

Bought a new set with a very good Y/T app. It had numerous menus and playlists. I had a screen replacement and the engineers did a total update.
Now I have a poor version of Y/T. Tried asking Samsung Cust Care how to revert back to my original app. They tell me it can't be done but couldn't explain why not.
Anyone had a similar problem of knows how to rectify the problem.

Thx

Tony

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Smart TV You Tube
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Smart TV You Tube
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Why.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 22, 2012 12:24 AM PST

The app is from Google and Google determines what apps go out. This system is nothing like your PC and choices you can make there. Those used to the freedom of choice are often stunned when it comes to appliances and now Windows 8 RT.
Bob

Collapse -
Sorry. How to fix.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 22, 2012 12:27 AM PST
In reply to: Why.

You'll need some device that does what you want. When I want the full PC experience I attach my laptop. Most of the time I use a Kindle Fire HD over HDMI.

If Samsung doesn't write the app, they don't control it. They can remove it but if the app's owner wants it to be a certain way, it's the app owner's choice and not Samsung or ours to make.
Bob

Collapse -
Samsung Smart TV You Tube
by BEEFHEART0193 / December 23, 2012 8:48 PM PST
In reply to: Sorry. How to fix.

Does this mean that Samsung can change my Youtube whenever they want. If I had not had my screen changed and the TV reset would they have still changed the way my Y/T worked. Totally unfair. I don't want my TV as a PC just the Y/T as and when I had the TV shown to me in the show room.

Collapse -
Google can change it when they want.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 23, 2012 10:33 PM PST

Sorry if I was unclear. Google now differentiates platforms and some are noticing that.

I see I did tell you how to fix that. Here's more about it. -> http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-579279/youtube-on-samsung-problem/

You do bring up a good point. Let's say this is a car and you buy it and the makers (yes, plural) change it. Now it's not the same car so I think you have a leg to stand on to demand your right to return it. It's not what you bought anymore.

Good thought there. I wonder who can take that to the court and maybe correct something that is bothering a lot of folk.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.