Samsung forum

Question

Samsung Smart TV UN46ES8000F and Samsung Soundbar HW-E450/ZA

I own a Samsung Smart TV UN46ES8000F and Samsung Soundbar HW-E450/ZA, the problem I have is with Anynet+. It's been work fine for the last 6 months, but recently the sound stopped working. When I press the volume control on the remote the Anynet sound icon shows up on the TV and the numbers on the soundbar increases and decreases but no sound comes out of the tv. I switched out the HDMI cable with a new one but that did not help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Smart TV UN46ES8000F and Samsung Soundbar HW-E450/ZA
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Smart TV UN46ES8000F and Samsung Soundbar HW-E450/ZA
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Soundbar problem

In reply to: Samsung Smart TV UN46ES8000F and Samsung Soundbar HW-E450/ZA

My Soundbar Model code: HW-H551/ZN
I can't connect it to my Samsong smart tv because my Soundbar is connected to someone else Tv (maybe our Neighbors) I don't know. It's crazy I'm hearing someone else tv on my Soundbar when I select tv option.
Please help.
Thanks

Collapse -
Clarification Request
Problem with Soundbar Model code: HW-H551/ZN

My Soundbar Model code: HW-H551/ZN
I can't connect it to my Samsong smart tv because my Soundbar is connected to someone else Tv (maybe our Neighbors) I don't know. It's crazy I'm hearing someone else tv on my Soundbar when I select tv option.
Please help.
Thanks
Adam

Collapse -
A few problems.

In reply to: Problem with Soundbar Model code: HW-H551/ZN

Your model numbers do not match with the topic. You also hid your plea for help under a post from 3 years ago.

Try resetting the bar (see manual) and if not that, call Samsung at 1800SAMSUNG (USA) or use their chat at samsung.com if the manual is unclear.

Collapse -
This was unhelpful

In reply to: A few problems.

Unhelpful

Collapse -
You buried your plea.

In reply to: This was unhelpful

So I hope I could help you see why that's a way to not get as much help as possible.

Why isn't the resets and Samsung helpful? I don't want to upset you but a few folk call any help unhelpful when I can't come over and fix the issue for them. I'm a little puzzled about folk like that.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung Smart TV UN46ES8000 and Samsung Soundbar HW-E450

Hi rosedesign,

I'm sorry to hear about this. If I understand your setup correctly, you're wanting sound from both the TV and the sound bar, correct? If so, on the TV, you can go to: Menu > Sound > Speaker Settings > Speaker Select > TV Speakers.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Samsung Smart TV UN46ES8000 and Samsung Soundbar HW-E450

That's not possible when you have Anynet+ turned on both the tv and sound bar, it is grayed out. As I mention in my first post, everything works as it suppose to but no sound. I had not changed the HDMI In port 2 (ARC) on the tv which supports ARC and have it plugged into the sound bar HDMI Out which also supports ARC. As before Anynet+ sound icon at the bottom of the tv screen shows and the numbers on the sound bar will increases and decreases with the volume on the remote but no sound comes out of the tv. If I use D.IN optical in on the sound bar and plug it into the optical out on the tv it works fine but you have to use the remote that came with the sound bar to control the sound and not the remote from the tv as it worked before when using Anynet+.

Collapse -

In reply to: Samsung Smart TV UN46ES8000 and Samsung Soundbar HW-E450

Collapse -

I reset the TV back to factory settings which did not solve the problem. The TV speakers had always work fine but when I switch to Anynet+ everything works except no sound comes out of the sound bar. I think either the sound bar firmware or the TV software has a bug that is not allowing the sound from the TV getting to the sound bar or the sound bar HDMI Out port stopped working.

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: Samsung Smart TV UN46ES8000 and Samsung Soundbar HW-E450

Hi rosedesign,

Thanks for that additional info. There is no firmware updates nor reset possible on the sound bar. I realize that you stated the TV and the sound bar work fine on optical, but it's still possible for there to be a hardware failure in the sound bar. So since you've completed all the troubleshooting you can do from both devices, I'm going to recommend that you set up the sound bar for service. Here's the thread where you can get details on setting that up: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-542437/service-issues-click-here-for-help/

HD Tech

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.