HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

Question

SAMSUNG SMART TV REMOTE QUESTION?

by aremsoc26 / May 30, 2012 5:49 AM PDT

Hi i just recently purchased a samsung smart tv E550 3d 51"

Im looking to purchase a wireless keyboard and was wondering which keyboards are compatible with the TV and won't cost me $99 (samsung qwerty remote price)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SAMSUNG SMART TV REMOTE QUESTION?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SAMSUNG SMART TV REMOTE QUESTION?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung Smart TV 5+550
by wanelad / July 27, 2012 7:18 PM PDT

I have a wireless keyboard and it does not connect, I have tried connect to my New Asus laptop (win 7) wirelessly without success

Is there some sort of app I have to download?

In another forum it was suggested a widi widget, I have downloaded it but have no idea what to do with it

will be grateful for some assistance thanks

Collapse -
Re: Samsung Smart TV 5+550
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 30, 2012 12:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung Smart TV 5+550

Hi wanelad,

Tried looking up your TV model code, and I couldn't find it. In order for everyone here to help you more quickly and effectively, please provide for us the complete model code for this device.

Speaking very generally, though, USB, HID compliant keyboards should work. I've heard positives reports on Logitech, Microsoft, and several other brands. I've also heard people report that some Logitechs don't work, and some brands that are slipping my mind. So just try something, and if you will, post the result (works/doesn't work) with the model number of your TV and keyboard/mouse that for the benefit of other people here who often have the same question.

Thanks,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Samsung Smart TV
by wanelad / July 31, 2012 11:11 AM PDT

The model is PS51E550D1M

Series 5+

Computer I am trying to tune with it is ASUS 500A the key board I have tried is a no brand one

Collapse -
Wireless keyboard
by Mishegaas / August 10, 2012 2:42 PM PDT

I have been looking for a mini wireless keyboard and mouse and also was aware that the HID compliant keyboards should work. I spent considerable time looking for suitable products and at the end opted for a very generic keyboard with built-in mouse that does not require any drivers.

My TV model 40D6600 ignores the USB dongle. I tested the keyboard on my Win 7 pc and it worked very well.

I wrote a letter to the manufacturer and had a very prompt response saying that wireless keyboards do not work on Smart TV manufactured by Samsung and LG. Why is this the case? Coun't Samsung provide a generic driver that will work with majority keyboards and mice?

Collapse -
Smart TV not so smart so far
by wanelad / August 10, 2012 8:07 PM PDT
In reply to: Wireless keyboard

Yes I am starting to wonder why the name of Smart T.V as they seem to lack the intelligence lols. I too was on the phone to Samsung and really did not feel I got much help.

I guess in a few years time they will come out with a true Smart T.V.

Collapse -
Re: Wireless keyboard
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 13, 2012 1:48 AM PDT
In reply to: Wireless keyboard

Hi Mishegaas,

Sorry if you were misled, but the post I responded to initially was in reference to only the E series, which is this year's model. The D series is last year, and the only keyboard that works with some of the TVs is the Samsung QWERTY remote, which comes with select models that support it.

Hope that helps explain it!

Regards,
HD Tech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.