Samsung forum

Question

Samsung smart tv netflix problems.

by kyampier / August 28, 2013 8:54 AM PDT

I have an un55es7150 i did all the updates for the TV as well as Netflix, and it works great for a few weeks. Now every time I try to go on, it says "We're having trouble playing these titles for you right now. Please try again later or select a different title." I have tried different titles, other movies, deactivating Netflix and reactivating again but the problem persist. It took so long to load and always ended with the same error. Please help

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung smart tv netflix problems.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung smart tv netflix problems.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Quick ideas.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 28, 2013 9:06 AM PDT

1. Be sure the date and time is correct on the Tv.
2. if 1 fails, use the Google DNS of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
3. Check if there is newer firmware for the TV.
4. If all this fails, call Netflix.
Bob

Collapse -
Correct-a-mundo
by gofbonney / January 15, 2015 4:13 AM PST
In reply to: Quick ideas.

Just got off the phone with Samsung online support last night. Through the menu options/network - Change DNS server setting from auto to manual and enter 8888 (this is Samsung's DNS code).

Netflix now: a) works and b) has a much faster load speed

Prior to calling Samsung, I called Netflix. Went through their goofy little excercise (using the arrows on your tv remote while in Netflix in this sequence: up, up, l/r, l/r, up, up, up ,up), signed out, signed back in (still same problem, signed out, unplugged the TV for 10 secs, signed back in, same problem. Went through the TV menu and updated the software. This changed the Netflix background start up banner from red to gray bar, but still got same message.

The DNS change fixed it. TV is a Samsung UN40F6300AFXZA.

Collapse -
A1
by deanblainey / January 15, 2015 6:37 AM PST
In reply to: Correct-a-mundo

worked straight away on my UHD55 7100 curved tv, nothing was working, Netflix, blinkbox, or amazon video, so defo the tv, this took minutes to end my hours of frustration, I doth my cap to thee my good man

Collapse -
DNS Change Worked
by RCA222 / January 15, 2015 10:30 AM PST

Thanks to gofbonney!

Changing the DNS to manual worked. (Menu/Network/Network Status/IP Settings, set "DNS Setting to "Enter manually", and "DNS Server" to "8.8.8.8")

I have a UN48H6350.

Collapse -
Netflix & Samsung
by adellmarie / March 29, 2015 10:59 AM PDT

Hi I just read your post from Jan.2015 about changing DNS to fix netflix. What is DNS? I've only had my Samsung curved TV since Dec. and after chatting with Netflix support last night, they couldn't help me. My problem is 98% of the programs & movies play on my Netflix all except the one I've been watching. No matter what I do, reboot, sign in sign out, on off, etc that one show will not play. I get that same message "try later or try different .." The support said they contacted Samsung and for me to try again. I did try then next day and still no luck. thank for any info you can give me that Samsung & Netflix could not.

Collapse -
That question on the web tells what it is.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 29, 2015 11:40 AM PDT
In reply to: Netflix & Samsung

But go ahead and call Samsung for step by step instructions.

Collapse -
try a smart hub reset
by fatbloke1305 / December 25, 2015 12:29 AM PST
In reply to: Netflix & Samsung

I get th3 same problem and the DNS change didn't work for me, it allowed me to start play the title I was watching before but then errors after a few minutes.

why does work for me is when I reset the smart hub. Problem is I seem to have to do that at least once per day which is. bit of pain.

when you reset the smart hub you have to go the smart hub setup process again and download Netflix, then sign in again.

it doesn't really resolve the problem as it eventually it will error again but it may get you up and running. hope this helps.

Collapse -
That is a symptom the date and time are off.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 25, 2015 7:27 AM PST
In reply to: try a smart hub reset

Check that date and time. It's odd but the symptom you noted is known.

Collapse -
(NT) Problem solved. Thank you.
by haydengt63 / April 3, 2015 6:41 PM PDT
Collapse -
HELP
by heatherrxxx9 / January 31, 2015 5:46 PM PST
In reply to: Quick ideas.

Hi. Found this thread on google. I realize it's old but I have a bit of a different problem with my Samsung smart TV and Netflix. No matter what I do every single title I select could not be played and I should select another useless title. Has anyone else had this issue?

Collapse -
Try this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 1, 2015 12:01 AM PST
In reply to: HELP

If it's not in this old long (too long?) thread then start a new discussion. REMEMBER that the Netflix app is not written by Samsung. There's a lot of bugs in apps still. We (the generic we) want better.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Try This
by Highland_Logan / August 28, 2013 10:19 AM PDT

Here is a link that should walk you through deactivating and reactivating your Netflix account/device.

This may help solve your issue.

Best of luck

Frank

Collapse -
Answer
Did you ever get a fix?
by rdmass32 / September 20, 2013 4:13 AM PDT

Did you ever get a fix for this issue. I have a different Samsung SmartTV that is having the same issue w/ Netflix. Worked fine for first couple of months. Not working last 2 weeks. Thanks

Collapse -
My fix is not your fix.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 20, 2013 4:16 AM PDT

While I've corrected and fixed this far too many times I find folk need one on one support when the usual does not work for them.

I suggest you make a new top post with all the details about the TV, network, firmware versions and router details.
Bob

Collapse -
Samsung Smart TV
by Kmelissa87 / October 30, 2013 12:15 AM PDT

Netflix isn't working on my tv either for the last couple weeks i've tried to use it. It used to work fine. Last night I went on Netflix.com and tried signing out my devices.. and it worked that one time. It prompted me to sign in on netflix, however I tried that again, and it did not work.

Collapse -
fix
by Kmelissa87 / October 30, 2013 12:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung Smart TV

Found this on Netflix's site, this worked. Hopefully I won't have to redo it everytime.

"Disconnect and Reconnect the Netflix application
These instructions will work on most consumer electronic devices with the Netflix application.
Launch the Netflix app.
Using the arrows on your remote, enter the following sequence:
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up
Select Deactivate and exit the screen.
Restart the Netflix app and sign in to your account."

Collapse -
Netflix
by nellee2480 / November 11, 2013 11:41 PM PST
In reply to: fix

I have tried all of these things and my netflix on my smart tv still does not work. It has been since August and no one can seem to help me. I have talked to netflix, samsung, my internet company and my router company and everyone wants to blame someone else which in turn does not help me. So if anyone has any suggestions I am open to them.

Danell

Collapse -
If this has failed.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 11, 2013 11:59 PM PST
In reply to: Netflix

Why keep this? While we know routers can be a problem, when our techs go out they take a new good router to show this issue when they encounter it. However the clients are paying for premium service and once in a while you encounter a consumer that wants it for free. We all do but how to do that in today's economy would be a challenge.

If you feel one of the products is defective, why not call it that and get it replaced?
Bob

Collapse -
netflix
by nellee2480 / November 12, 2013 12:16 AM PST
In reply to: If this has failed.

I replaced my router with one that was supposed to be better but it did not help so I took it back and got my 200.00 dollars back. I am frustrated with the whole thing. My internet connection is 30 mbps. All ny other devices work well. All the other apps on my tv work fine. Netflix is my only issue. My router is next to my tv. I tried hardwiring the internet to the tv and netflix still doesn't work. I get the same message over and over. We're having trouble streaming this title. Try again title or try again later. I have not been able to watch netflix since August. Not sure what to do anymore.

Collapse -
The hardware is my clue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 12, 2013 12:30 AM PST
In reply to: netflix

There have been spats where ATT and other ISP's don't resolve correctly. But I see I listed the more common cures above.

Again, why setting the date/time in the TV matters is something I'd love to take to the programmers at Samsung to fix. That is, with an internet connection why is this a problem today?

And sorry to read you have a long term issue but I have to ask if you tried the above or did a tech do the above?
Bob

PS. You can read the board issue at this link.
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-584484/samsung-netflix-error-we-re-having-trouble-playing-this/

PPS. In other words, it may just be that.

Collapse -
netflix
by nellee2480 / November 12, 2013 12:43 AM PST

I had tech test my internet connection and he said it was fine. I have deactivated and reactivated netflix several times. The date and time are correct. I have changed my DNS number to both the 8888 and 8844 and it does not change a thing. I have updated my tv software. I have reset the TV back to factory settings. I have a PN51d6500 smart LED tv. What else can I do?

Collapse -
Read my last link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 12, 2013 12:49 AM PST
Collapse -
PS. Forgot one thing.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 12, 2013 12:52 AM PST
In reply to: Read my last link.

I can't find the link now but another CNET member found the set failed to report its ESN. I don't see that mentioned here but do ask.

Collapse -
ESN
by nellee2480 / November 12, 2013 2:31 AM PST
In reply to: PS. Forgot one thing.

How will I know if this is the case? I see that Netflix has an ESN number but how will I know if this is the problem?

Collapse -
The Samsung tech would know.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 12, 2013 2:33 AM PST
In reply to: ESN

Sorry but I've offered all the usual and when that doesn't pan out you move to the board replacements and if that fails, it's a product failure and should go back.
Bob

Collapse -
Netflix been deactivated by Samsung smart tvs
by rodriguezasr / February 6, 2014 12:23 AM PST

I started experiencing this problem about a month ago. I start the Netflix app and select a movie. When I try to play the movie sometimes I would get the message that the movie selected cannot be played at this time. If I selected another movie it would work sometimes. Eventually I started to get a message that my Netflix account for this device has been deactivated and to try to sign in to Netflix again. I am able to sign in to Netflix again with my account ID and password and everything runs fine. The next time I try to use Netflix again I end up having to sign in to Netflix again. This is a problem with Samsung service, not Netflix. I have a Sony PlayStation and four other Sony blu-ray players which I can use as media players. I'm able to use Netflix with all of them without the need to sign in every time I want to use Netflix. So I don't blame Netflix, I blame Samsung. My solution was to connect an extra Sony blu-ray I had to the Samsung TV via HDMI and now I don't have that problem anymore. I'be owned the Samsung TV for more than three years and everything worked fine until about a month ago. Maybe Samsung wants me to buy another TV which I have no need for and if I had the need it definitely won't be a Samsung.

Collapse -
This worked
by mudit_loves / February 22, 2014 12:46 AM PST
In reply to: fix

my 30 day trial was off and i need to sign in with a different account but was not able to find a solution to get back to the login screen on my samsung smart tv netflix app. this wroked. Happy

Collapse -
Answer
Netflix trouble playing these titles for you
by ReliabilityMaven / January 17, 2014 8:27 AM PST

I had the same problem, among others, on a UN40ES6150. I also had network connectivity problems. I would lose the connection and sometimes had difficulty reconnecting. I upgraded my wireless network and the problems were resolved for about three months. Then the "trouble playing this title" problem started again. Samsung was no help. Finally, the 5g band I was running on totally quit working on the TV. My first network was only 2.4ghz. I realized the TV was dual band when I installed a dual band router. I used the 5g band because I was the only one on it in my neighborhood.
My TV had also started powering on and off. That was when Samsung said they would fix the TV. At first they were only going to replace the mainboard. After talking to a tier two technician Samsung also agreed to replace the wireless module (adapter)
I haven't had the "trouble playing this title" message since. I also was able to see my laptop and computer on the screen when I pressed source. They were never detected with the original adapter. The repairman that installed the mainboard and the wireless adapter said that most of the time the adapter solved the problem. The mainboard was for the power cycling problem.
Since I had two components replaced I can't say for sure that it was the adapter. However, since the new, more powerful network improved the situation until the adapter actually died (the 5g band) and now with a new adapter I no longer have the problem I would feel safe betting on the adapter as the culprit.
Samsung kept insisting the problems were because of my network, even after I upgraded it. They insisted my router had to be no more than10 feet from the TV. They also, at first said they "didn't support the 5g band". They finally relented when the tier two technician actually checked the specs.
I suspect that Samsung's adapters are "weak" and/or their front end signal processing leaves a lot to be desired. (Mainboard) My other wireless devices did not have network connectivity problems with my original network. My new network provides a 300mbps signal at app -25,-29 db.
I have more problems with the TV but they are for another thread. I will say the new firmware upgrade (1037.1) has some serious problems. It is an upgrade to accommodate the new Netflix app. and fix the "Netflix deactivation" problem.

Collapse -
same issue
by norikosh / February 5, 2014 5:53 AM PST

I have the same problem since summer last year. I finally contacted Samsung a few weeks ago and the issue was apparently escalated to a tech team but I have not heard back from them yet. I was wondering how you got Samsung to replace the adapter?? A quick google research shows that this is rather common problem and I did tell them that but they still fail to recognise it and when I demanded my TV to be fixed, they said they think it is a problem with the app. In my case, lovefilm that used to work fine on my Samsung smart TV also started to have the same problem since summer (regardless the fact that I have done all the updates and even re-set the TV to factory setting)!! Anyway, any help would be much appreciated.

Collapse -
As a test
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 5, 2014 5:58 AM PST
In reply to: same issue

You try it wired (Ethernet) and if that works start asking for a swap.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?