Samsung forum

Resolved Question

Samsung smart tv exits wifi menu automatically

So,the other day i decided to change my Samsung tv 's wifi settings, but for some reason the tv will start searching for a network and for maybe 1 Second will show the available wifi networks before closing out of the application completely. Obviously this makes it impossible to select a network let alone change any settings. If anyone has any ideas as how to fix this i. All ears. Thanks in advanced

theitalianz333 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung smart tv exits wifi menu automatically
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung smart tv exits wifi menu automatically
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Re: Samsung smart tv exits wifi menu automatically

In reply to: Samsung smart tv exits wifi menu automatically

Hi theitalianz333,

I'm very sorry to hear that has happened. In order for me to help you most accurately, please provide the complete model code for this device.

Regards,
HD Tech

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by theitalianz333

Collapse -
Sounds like a recent discussion

In their case it was a button on the TV that was stuck/intermittent. The TV had to be repaired. I'd call it in but my bet is they'll have you check or update the firmware.
Bob

Collapse -
Continued..

In reply to: Sounds like a recent discussion

Thank you for your reply Bob, the firmware is all up to date but i will check on the button problem you mentioned, thank you

Collapse -
Model number

In reply to: Continued..

Also to the first poster Thank you for the quick reply, and my model number is UN32EH5300FXZA

Collapse -
Is this new?

In reply to: Model number

Why I ask is that 32 inch models don't get in home warranty repairs. If it's new I'd exchange it fast.
Bob

Collapse -
Continued...

In reply to: Is this new?

Ah i see, bad luck for me i guess lol its about two years old, its not a huge problem yet since it connects to the internet, it just worries me if i ever have to change the network it connects to, i probably wont be able to without reseting the tv to factory defaults. Thank you again for the help

Collapse -
Or....

In reply to: Continued...

I rarely need to reset these. I change it to wired, OK that, then back to wireless and it scans for networks and then I enter in the passcode. I wonder why there are such bugs like that but knowing to switch to wired and back seems to have worked for me.
Bob

Collapse -
Ill give that a try

In reply to: Or....

Thanks again Bob have a good one

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung & Wi-Fi

I have had this problem for months now. I have talked with the Samsung call center, who told me to download the upgrade by saving the the upgrade from the website on a usb memory stick, which did not work. The wi-fi would come in and out. While it was in, I got the upgrade, which did not fix the problem. I started using my blu-ray, which is also Samsung, to watch Netflix or Vudu. I have emailed Samsung many times and get no response. Sure wish I had bought a different brand smart tv.

Collapse -
If you have a service issue, try the top post about that.

In reply to: Samsung & Wi-Fi

Collapse -
Same Issue. No solution yet. Is it a hardware problem?

In reply to: Samsung & Wi-Fi

11/22/15: Same problem as described above by Italianz and JemieH. Updated firmware via USB and no improvement. Suspect hardware problem with either wifi module or main board. Am open to suggestions. Wifi connected reliably in past, but now not at all other than one out of 200 attempts in which it momentarily reconnected then was lost again.

Collapse -
If any of the above ideas failed.

In reply to: Same Issue. No solution yet. Is it a hardware problem?

And you can bring yourself to use a WiFi client device, you arrange for repair.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.