Question

Samsung Smart TV compatability problem

Is there a compatable wireless keyboard for Samsung ua55es800mxxy. Rung Sumsang who said yes but can tell me where to buy and what to buy. The QWERTY remote from last year is not compatable Sad

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung Smart TV compatability problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung Smart TV compatability problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Didn't find that model.
http://www.samsung.com/us/function/search/espsearchResult.do?input_keyword=ua55es800mxxy&keywords=ua55es800mxxy

If it's like current models. most USB Keyboards work. Samsung has not made a list for a few reasons. First it would be too long and not possible to keep up to date. Also if they did list a few, it would be taken as a show of favoritism.

My thought is maybe opening it up to non-maker keyboards was a good idea but shows the downside as well. Consumers sometimes don't want choice. In this case a "Samsung" product would be best.
Bob
- Collapse -
thanks

thanks for the info Bob. I will try a few more stores. I appreciate they would need to be careful about brand names but i could not even get from them if it needed to have specific requirements nor did they even tell me there was a "samsung board that would work. Must have just been unlucky with the call taker. Clearly I have limited knowledge and am disappointed that it is proving to be so difficult to get the best use of the tv.

- Collapse -
Sorry but I could not find that model number.

I could not find the model number you gave and that's why I posted a CLARIFICATION request.

HDTech is very good at the numbers and may guess the real model number but I'm not that good and need the real number or better yet a link to the product so I can see if it has keyboard support.
Bob

- Collapse -
link for it
- Collapse -
That page wrote "Wireless Keyboard No"

And I fetched the manual and the word "Keyboard" was never found.

It is a TV but it seems there is some support to control it with a smart phone or tablet. I'd ask if they have an app for this model.
Bob

CNET Forums