Samsung forum

Question

Samsung Smart TV browser issue

by Zvrk_06 / March 20, 2013 5:21 AM PDT

I have Samsung Smart TV UE32EH5300, and lately many problems with my browser. I keep getting the message that browser session ended unexpectedly due to a lack of memory or some other reason - which gets me back to the home page or the page I was watching last, but surely I have to start the streaming from the beginning which is quite annoying. I tried deleting history, cookies, everything.. nothing helped. Any ideas?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Smart TV browser issue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Smart TV browser issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Is the web site compatible with the TV?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 20, 2013 6:07 AM PDT
Collapse -
You might be right..
by Zvrk_06 / March 20, 2013 6:44 AM PDT

It's not a dumb question at all.. I watch many things on different sites, and haven't really had this problem until the last few days. So, I'm trying to figure out if it was the same site every time this happened, because it's quite possible. And if that's the case, I'll just try not to use that one for the things I watch online. I could have figured out myself, but obviously I needed someone to make my consider that possibility Happy
I realize that smart TV browsers have their limitations, I knew that when I bought the TV.. Frankly, the limitations are a bit more annoying than expected, but I'm very happy with my Samsung. It's just this thing with my browser crushing lately that is really problematic. Anyway, thanks, you might have just solved my problem.. even if you haven't, thank you very much for the effort.

Regards

Andrea

Collapse -
A parting tip or idea.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 20, 2013 6:53 AM PDT
In reply to: You might be right..

Some of those sites such as YouTube (forgive me as it's a bad example) have an App for their web site. This sidesteps the browser limitation.

Sorry but there are a few that are unhappy with the apps but for now that's how the TV rolls. (for those grey hairs out there that know to use the Horizontal controls.)
Bob

Collapse -
No apps for these unfortunately..
by Zvrk_06 / March 20, 2013 7:12 AM PDT
In reply to: A parting tip or idea.

Yeah, an app would be great, but the sites I'm watching don't have one.. Hopefully they will develop them in time, or at least adjust their streaming to smart TVs Wink

Thank you Wink

Andrea

Collapse -
And as usual I forgot the other tip. Try the Mobile version
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 20, 2013 7:23 AM PDT

For example, instead of yahoo.com try m.yahoo.com

Many sites now have a mobile version which is lighter in their impact.
Bob

Collapse -
Another good idea :)
by Zvrk_06 / March 20, 2013 7:35 AM PDT

Good one, really.. Will try Wink

Best regards

Andrea

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!