Samsung forum

Resolved Question

Samsung smart bluray player HT-E5500 disk ejecting problem

by Phillywilly28 / January 10, 2016 11:45 AM PST

I've had my bluray player for about three years now with now problems it worked great. I stream Netflix on it mostly and watch bluray movies that is the extent of its use in our home. Recently we've encountered an issue where the bluray player is unusable due to a problem we're having with the disk tray ejecting on its own repeatedly. I've called Samsung support and they walked me through the reset to factory setting fix but this did not work. I even read some issues with the touch screens having problems so I cleaned the touch screen to ensure we didn't have grease or some sort of debris giving the screen a bad reading. I can't seem to find just a receiver of this model to buy new so I'd have to probably purchase a whole new surround sound package as well or see if It can be sent to Samsung to be fixed. Any thoughts on this issue would be much appreciated.

Phillywilly28 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung smart bluray player HT-E5500 disk ejecting problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung smart bluray player HT-E5500 disk ejecting problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by Phillywilly28

Collapse -
Many just unplug the panel.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 10, 2016 11:56 AM PST
Collapse -
Disk eject problem.
by Phillywilly28 / January 11, 2016 2:52 PM PST

Followed the steps on the YouTube video and so far so good. Thanks for the link.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!