Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung SL 720 video problem

by Mrsancheezz / November 28, 2009 11:19 AM PST

Hello, my Sister just brought a Samsung SL 720 (http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/p...ype=prd_detail
and its great i love it, pictures are crisp and awesome. Videos are sharp and sweet.
But only problem is when i view the video on the camera it's great. while if i watch it on the Computer, the video freezes every couple of seconds (but audio is fine)

i was wondering what could be wrong? could the one i got is malfunctioned ??
i tryed videos with different sizes and non-HD.
Movie size 1280[HD], 1280, and 640 all came out bad on the computer
while movie size 320 was fine, nothing was wrong(just wasnt good quality0

What Shall i do?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung SL 720 video problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung SL 720 video problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 28, 2009 12:00 PM PST

Mrsancheezz,

If you're watching the video on the computer while it's hooked up to the camera, it's probably a data bottleneck from the camera to the computer.

You'll want to download the video to the computer first and view it on the computer that way.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by Mrsancheezz / November 28, 2009 12:32 PM PST

I transferred the Video's to the Desktop on my computer and disconnected the camera from the computer, and still the video freezes every 4 seconds or so.

what i noticed was, if i converted the file from MPEG-4 to AVI and viewed the video that way, there was no lagging of video or anything.
But that's to much of a hassle and each video takes about 5-10 minutes.

would this be a problem with my computer or the new camera?

Collapse -
by robkaergard / March 10, 2010 6:46 AM PST

Mine has lag also. I havnt tried changing the file type yet but the camera plays the video fine on the LCD. I'm running XP sp3 and downloaded the latest version of quicktime, no help. If the video plays on the TV fine it's obviously a PC/video player type issue.
K-Lite Codec Pack download may also help as its supposed to work with mpeg 4. I'll update when I figure this out. Samsung support was useless in advising on what type of video player to use, other than telling me to make sure I had the latest version of quicktime

Collapse -
Samsung sl720 video skipping/chopopy
by robkaergard / April 3, 2010 8:06 AM PDT

My experience with 2 PC's using Windows XP SP2 on one and SP3 on the other watching video off this camera, regardless of resolution settings,was choppy. The Camera LCD was not choppy when watching it which told me it was the PC. Those of you with XP trying to use Quicktime having this issue may want to download K-lite codec pack full, there's many websites to go to. The user manual found online also says to try it. This cleared the choppy video, and now we can finally enjoy the camera!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.