Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung SCX-4826FN fax question

by HamachiNV / March 18, 2009 11:11 AM PDT

I just got a Samsung SCX-4826FN all in one printer. Despite the lack of a manual, I've pretty much figured out the print, copy and scan functions. But the fax is giving me problems. As a test, I tried to send a fax to my Packetel account (which shows up in my email.) For one thing, the machine sent my fax numerous times despite the fact that it went through fine the first time. The second bigger issue is that the fax showed up in "Picture Viewer" format I can't read whereas every other fax I've ever received at my Packetel account is a PDF. I presume the problem is the fax machine. Anyone know how to change the fax settings, make it send in a format that's readable, and know how to prevent it from repeat dialing?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung SCX-4826FN fax question
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung SCX-4826FN fax question
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung SCX-4826FN fax question
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 20, 2009 8:51 AM PDT

HamachiNV,

Welcome to the forum.

As far as the fax service sending your documents in picture form rather than .PDF format, you might want to adjust your settings (per instructions found on page 51). If you have it set to a photo resolution, it may be that your service recognizes that transmission as a photo, and therefore, makes a photo out of the document. If you bring that resolution down a little, it may detect it as a document and create the PDF for it.

The other symptom I'm not clear on. It sounds like you're sending the document once, yet you get several copies of the same document, is that correct?

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Another Samsung SCX-4826FN fax question
by alex.palen / October 25, 2009 11:09 AM PDT

Hi there,

I bought this machine to replace several others in use, but my main thing was to receive all my work orders via fax machine.
I have to dial my work number, get all the messages with faxes and then my work giving me prompt to press start to receive all those faxes...

Does not work... Even so I have nothing to send, pressing start button making this stupid machine not to receive, but send....

Spent almost two hours browsing manual - no answer...

Any help?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.