Samsung forum

Alert

Samsung's Financial Issues & Poor Customer Service

by rtutwile / May 21, 2013 7:34 AM PDT

READ BELOW...

"Normal Wear and Tear"

This message is for those who are experiencing issues with their Samsung Products. Be prepared for Samsung to not honor their warranty or end of the bargain. This language (Normal Wear and Tear) is very typical and the most common denial without further investigation.

Unbelievable practice and poor customer service and now the blame is on me. Samsung gave me the name of their "Preferred Vendor" to come fix my TV out of warranty however, I did not receive a call and after my review of the company I found out they had horrible reviews. Getting ripped off twice would have been the icing on the cake.

Unfortunately for me it looks like my 67 inch DLP will be going into the trash after spending hard earned money and only 5 years of light use.

Keep up the great work Samsung!

Below is the Question need to be answered :

First Name :Richard
Last Name :Tutwiler
Phone :727.599.4224
Email :ricktutwiler@publicadjuster.com
Product Category:
Model # :HLT6756WX/XAA
Serial # :AJHJ3CKP900503N
Summary :Little White Dots All Over The TV.
Details :I Paid great money for my Samsung TV in ''08. Now I have little white dots all over the TV. Contacted Samsung who recommended their preferred vendor to make out of warranty repairs. After review of their preferred vendor and educating myself further I realized this is their business practice and a recurring theme with many others. For those of you in the HD TV Market prepare to spend money and keep in mind the old adage "you get what you pay for." Plan on your Samsung TV conveniently crashing after the 5 year mark or expiration of the warranty, which ever is first. Trust me they know the quality of workmanship and they need to meet the bottom line to turn a profit. Fortunately for me money is a non-issue but having gone through Panasonic, LG, Vizio I can honestly say Samsung has the best picture by far, however they have the most issues.

Their Response:

Hi Richard,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I apologize for the inconvenience and completely understand your frustration. After thorough research, it was determined that only specific models exhibited a slightly higher-than-normal failure rate. Although your TV has similar symptoms as some of these models, research indicates that your issue is due to normal wear and tear. The part that appears to have failed in your unit is not the same exact part that has been determined to fail at a higher-than-normal rate, even though the visible symptom is similar. The symptom can help indicate which part needs to be replaced, but it doesn't mean that the particular part was defective from manufacturing.

We apologize that no other accommodations can be made, but we are more than happy to set up out of warranty service for you. If you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location and let us know where you would like for us to schedule the repair.

Thanks!
David W.
@SamsungSupport
Samsung Electronics Social Media Support Team

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung's Financial Issues & Poor Customer Service
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung's Financial Issues & Poor Customer Service
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Did you want to discuss Ti's part in all this?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 23, 2013 4:15 AM PDT
Collapse -
I understand your frustration!
by hoiung / August 31, 2013 1:47 AM PDT

Samsung = Poor Customer Service and Warranty
I been having serious issues with Samsung Warranties and Customer Service. It's really terrible compare to Other electronic companies I have ever dealt with!

Below is what I had to experience when trying to sort out a simple USB malfunction on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.... Never ever buying from Samsung again... Not worth the hassle...

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-600364/my-bad-experience-with-samsung-warrantee-and-cust-service/

They just destroyed my loyalty to them in 3 weeks... well done... good bye forever Samsung.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!