Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung's Customer Service is the worst

I bought my first Samsung LCD LN52A850 in April and my experience got off to a great start. After 5 month of enjoying the great picture and quality of the 52? screen the TV went out on September 21st. I quickly created a ticket on Samsung?s website that night hoping that I could have the issue resolved in a timely manner.

After a week went by without hearing anything I called the local repair company that was assigned my ticket. The guy I talked to told me that a tech would need to call me back to figure out what was wrong with it. Another week went by without a phone call and then I received one from a totally different repair company. They asked what my TV was doing and they came to the conclusion that the backlight panel went out. They explained to me that they would order one that will arrive in 3-5 days then I was to call them to set up a time for a tech to come out the repair. On the 6th day I called them back. I told the guy that I was told my part should be here by now and the guy tells me that the part never shipped and it should by the end of the week. I ask what the delay was and he tells me that he doesn?t know.

Furious that I am now looking at over a month for my TV to be fixed I called Samsung. The guy tells me that the part was backordered and it would take longer then anticipated. I explain to him my frustration and he gives me the Executive Customer Service number and tells me that he will create a ticket. As soon as I get off the phone with him, I called the number. I spoke with a lady there and she tells me that she will find out what the problem is and will call me back by tomorrow. Tomorrow comes and I don?t hear from her, so I called again. I spoke to another guy and he asked to put me on hold for a few minutes to find out what the deal is. After 15 minutes he gets back on the phone with me and tells me that the warehouse received the order but lost the ticket. He tells me that a manager will call me back after he escalates the ticket. The manager did call me back about 15 minutes later and offers to have my TV replaced since the repair was taking so long. She gives me two options of TVs and tells me to call back when I decide which one I want.

I call the next morning and place the order. The guy tells me everything looks good and I will receive the new TV in 7-14 days. Just a few days later I call just to make sure everything was still ok and taken care of. The guy I talked to said everything looked good. 12 days go by and I haven?t heard anything so I decided to call. The lady I talked to tells me that the order was not successfully placed by the original support rep and she would have to do it again and I would be looking at another 7-14 days. Being at my boiling point I was not the nicest I could be. She tells me that she will escalate the shipping and it should get here quickly.

4 business days later, I called back this morning and the lady I talked to said it was just submitted for approval and that would take 24 ? 72 hour then I would ship and I am looking at 7 ? 14 days?once again.

I created my ticket on September 21st and it is now November 2nd. I am looking at over 2 months of trying to get my issue resolved. All I have wanted from the beginning is to have my TV replaced or fixed and I still have no clue as to when that will happen. While it was working I loved everything about my TV but dealing with Samsung?s Customer Service has been the absolute worst experience. The reason I bought the TV was because I am a huge sports fan, but I have now missed half of the NFL season and all of the baseball playoffs and World Series. This will be the last Samsung TV that I will own because you can?t enjoy a product if you can?t get it fixed.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung's Customer Service is the worst
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung's Customer Service is the worst
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung's Customer Service is the worst

In reply to: Samsung's Customer Service is the worst

lcpolk,

What is your transaction number, please?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Transaction Number

HDTech,

Thanks for inquiring. My transaction number is 4005567316.

-lcpolk

Collapse -
Another Transaction Number

HDTech,

It maybe that my transaction number is 4005665500. I believe that it changed when the exchange was agreed to.

-lcpolk

Collapse -
Another Transaction Number

In reply to: Another Transaction Number

lcpolk,

I've forwarded over both transaction numbers this evening, and I'll have one of the case managers take a look into it. I may not be able to provide updates on this - again, I'm in a separate department - but if I hear something, I'll be happy to report back.

Keep me posted as well!

--HDTech

Collapse -
re: Samsung's Customer Service is the worst

Wow..Your scenerio is almost exactly like mine except you were offered an exchange allot quicker then I was. But I haven't even begun to have any details on how many months it will take to get that exchange. When I read your post it was like I was reading about something I would have written. Isn't it a shame that we have to put up with this kind of abuse? Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone out there. I wish you luck in getting your new TV sometime in the not so distant future!

Collapse -
re: re: Samsung's Customer Service is the worst

In reply to: re: Samsung's Customer Service is the worst

You would think that a company as big as Samsung would handle returns and repairs more efficiently. Since looking on this thread I have seen more and more people have the same issue of nothing being done. I just do not understand why it takes so long for a process that seems so simple.

It's been a over a week for my order just to be approved....whatever that means because two weeks prior I was granted the exchange.

I am just going to start calling every other day so I can hear, "we will escalate your ticket buuuuuuut you are still looking at 7-14 days."

Collapse -
Finally!

I just called again today and was provided a tracking number. About a hour after getting off the phone with the rep the freight company called to set up a delivery for Friday.

Now I just hope that it is the model I agreed to, not damaged and not a refurb.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!