Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung RMC30C2 Touchscreen Remote Control pairing problem

by tjbrouss / November 2, 2010 1:21 AM PDT

I am trying to pair my new RMC30C2 Touchscreen Remote Control to my Samsung 9000 TV. The remote is clearly talking to the TV because a message pops up on the TV screen with the message, "new remote accept or deny". the default on the TV screen is "deny" and I can't use the remote to change the option and accept because it?s in the process of pairing? The manual controls on the TV only have volume up/down and channel up/down. When i try those the message on the TV just goes away and the pairing fails? Does anyone have suggestions?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung RMC30C2 Touchscreen Remote Control pairing problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung RMC30C2 Touchscreen Remote Control pairing problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 4, 2010 7:13 AM PDT

tjbrouss,

Usually the remote should switch to the navigation screen so you can select "Allow".

There are two ways to fix this.

1. If you can, get another Samsung or universal remote and use the arrows to select "Allow" and then press [Enter].

2. The other option is to reset the TV and the remote and try again.

As for the remote, cancel the remote connecting (pull battery if need) set it to IR control in the settings and reset it.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung RMC30C2 Remote can't see twin screen button?
by Archillies7 / November 26, 2010 11:58 AM PST

I have a series 9 Samsung LED LCD with the above remote. I have it linked to the TV and Network but for some reason I only have in the 'Services' menu three icons at the bottom being 'multimedia', 'device control' and 'settings'. I'm missing the twin picture screen. I have connected the WIS09ABGN wireless adaptor but the elbow joiner didn't come in the box which is anoying so I have a normal usb cable attached until the new dongle arrives which is the WIS09ABGN2 - is this why its not working or is it a pairing thing between the remote and the tv that need to be reset? Any advice from Samsung would be appreciated. Two weeks later and still no fix. The remote can see the the tv with its ip address, the network functions work but strange there was no pairing when I connected the tv up as its a manufactures resale does this explain it needs resetting?

Collapse -
Same problem...
by ospeps / December 8, 2010 3:33 AM PST

I am having the same issue with my Samsung 7700 LED TV. Were you ever able to resolve this problem? I tried the suggestions from the Samsund HD Tech below, and neither one of them worked?

Thanks!

Same problem
Where find one good manualuser for that

Collapse -
by scojo68 / December 5, 2010 4:00 AM PST

I am having the same issue with my Samsung 9000 LED TV. Were you ever able to resolve this problem? I tried the suggestions from the Samsund HD Tech below, and neither one of them worked?

Thanks!

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 8, 2010 6:34 AM PST

scojo68,

What should happen is as soon as the "New Remote Accept or Deny" message pops on the screen, the Navigation panel should appear on the remote. You can't use the buttons on the TV to do this, and if it doesn't appear, the only thing you can do is initialize the remote and reset the TV again.

To reset the TV, press and hold the EXIT button until you're prompted to "RESET?" Choose YES and go through the initial setup that follows and try again.

If this keeps happening, try it again. If after a few tries it doesn't work, it's likely that the remote may need service.

The only other option is to use a different Samsung remote to switch to "allow" when prompted. Universal, even some cable remotes or iPod Apps can do that as well.

Once you get past that pairing part, there shouldn't be any other issues with connecting the remote to the TV.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung RMC30C2 Remote can't see twin screen button?
by ospeps / December 8, 2010 9:07 AM PST

Hi and tank's for answer!

But my problem is the same as Archillies7....

"Samsung RMC30C2 Remote can't see twin screen button?"

I saw the promotional video for this remote on youtube, i see 5 icon bellow the screen, but on my remote it's only 3????

I cant use de twin diplay on the remote!!

Network is all ok!!! I see media share whis the PC on the remote, and the tv/remote network is correct (SAMSUNG USB wireless stick pour Internet@TV- DLNA [WIS09ABGN])

Tank's for your job

Collapse -
Samsung RMC30C2 Remote can't see twin screen
by Archillies7 / December 9, 2010 7:33 AM PST

I'm glad I'm not alone and worried that I am. Having just paid a premium price for what was suppose to the most advanced tv on the market I feel really disappointed the tech doesn't all work. I have reset the remote 4 times and the tv as well. I worked out the exit button thing myself no thanks to Samsung. I also think we are both using the wrong wireless dongle and this I hope explains why we both can't see the twin screen. I have purchased a new wireless dongle WIS09ABGN2 not the WIS09ABGN I have as I suspect the older one is configured to series 7 type samsung tv's that don't have the technology for twin screens, or so I read somewhere in the fine print of the TV Manual. I will let you know if it worked when the new dongle2 arrives hopefully in another week. I also think my problem was due to the cable (non samsung device) as no thanks to Samsung 'its proprietory'. Why it just can't work with any dongle or just built into the tv itself makes me think it was an afterthought by Samsung. Remember Samsung most of your clients are not 'rocket scientists' so try to make the next series 10 much more user friendly to setup and above all make sure it works. I spent 3 days trying to work out how it all works. BTW Samsung if you believe in customer service and want to contact me to send out a Tech to fix my twin screen button feel free to contact me.

Collapse -
Samsung RMC30C2 Remote can't see twin screen -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 9, 2010 10:31 AM PST

Archillies7,

I'm somewhat prohibited to reach out and contact people. The closest I can get is to request a transaction number.

That said, if you'd like to see if something can be done in this situation, try calling 800-SAMSUNG to see if you can get a technician to assist in pairing the device. I don't know if that's a service, but it can't hurt to ask.

The other possibility is that the remote needs to be sent in for service. It's rare, but maybe that might be the issue. But I can't diagnose it from here, and I'm suspecting that's the expectation. I agree it shouldn't take a "rocket scientist", but that said, thousands of these units have been sold, and I've got maybe 10 questions on this in the last 6 months. So that would suggest that this is the exception, rather than the rule.

I'm tracking the thread, and would be interested in how this progresses.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by scojo68 / December 10, 2010 12:54 AM PST

HD Tech,

I have tried everything you recommended and nothing seems to work. I called Samsung and they had a Authorized service provider come out to take a look at it. The tech had to call Samsung tech support because they were not familar with the 9000 series TV. The tech at Samsung was claiming that it was the main PCB board in the TV that needed to be replaced. The service company had to order this part and they are coming out today to replace the part. We will see if this fixes the problem? I have been dealing with this issue since I purchased the TV over 3-weeks ago. If this does not work, I'm either going to return this back to the place I purtchased it from and buy something more reliable or Samsung is going to have to replace this. This is absolutely ridiculous what I have been through trying to resolve this issue with both Samsung, the service company, not to mention the days I have spent on my own trying to get this TV to work. This is a 7K TV and it's totally worthless!

Collapse -
Where Can I buy a Wireless LAN Samsung UA55C900ZF Series 9TV
by Archillies7 / December 20, 2010 6:28 PM PST

Samsung Service if your reading this where can I buy a Wireless LAN Adaptor WIS09ABGN2 as when my TV arrived the elbow adaptor didn't (brilliant!!!) and the floating base prevents using WIS09ABGN adaptors which are readily available on the internet but not the version I need. Please advise. 5 weeks and still no fix. Sent from Perth Australia. Samsung Customer service told me they were too busy to take my call twice in one day!!!! They said they would call back in 24hrs and of course they didn't I'm still waiting, this is extremely frustrating and annoying.

Collapse -
Two different Samsung LCD Remotes RMC30C1/XY and RMC30C2/XY
by Archillies7 / January 7, 2011 1:17 PM PST

There are two different models of lcd Samsung Remotes. The model that came with the Samsung UN55C9000ZF LED LCD TV has a remote model number RMC30C1/XY. This remote has I'm told by Samsung a twin screen button. The RMC30C2/XY is the model for LED C7000 series and above Samsung TV's so its doesn't have the twin screen button. By the way 'XY' is the Australia Country code. Samsung Plaza Centre won't sell these remotes as they are not a spare Samsung Part. I'm also told there is a new wireless dongle coming WIS10ABGN. I have spend countless hours on the phone to Samsung Tech Support, Sales and Spare Parts and finally paid Samsung $200 for a home appointment. I diagnosed the problem myself - went to JBHI and looked at their 9 Series Remote but had to confirm this with Samsung. I told Samsung the model number for the remote as per above and they confirmed it. I hope no one goes through what I just did to get a simple answer. At the end of this I still don't have the right remote control and no reply from my TV seller. Oh and the remotes only work for about 3.5hrs and need constant charging which is very annoying. I am still using my own pvr and its remote as its easier.

Collapse -
Samsung Support and Customer Services are worthless!
by The_biggest_dog / February 24, 2011 10:11 AM PST

I too have the 46" 9000 LED and haveing problems with the remote. I contacted the service desk only to be told to call back later because they were too busy. When I finally got through, the tech told me to send in the LAN. I did. A week later I called Samasung about the remote battery and told them it was only holding a charge for a couple of hours. I fully charged the battery and did not use the remote for two days. On day three it was dead when I picked it up. Again Samsung said to send in the remote. That was the last I had seen of my RMC30C1. After two months and no word from Samsung, I called back. They told me my LAN and remote were lost in thier system due to a software change. They were able to track down my ticket number and told me a new remote was released for shipping. They would have to get back to me on the LAN. A week later Samsung called me and said they were not getting any more remotes and they were going to refund me the cost of the remote and close out my ticket. I argued and asked them to explain how is it that there were not any more remotes and why couldn't they tell me when the next batch was going to arrive. Samasung was not able to tell me anything but they sure were "sorry" alot. I told them not to close out my ticket as the TV is useless without the remote. Meanwhile my original LAN was returned (I wrote down the SN) with no report on findings so I did not know if it worked or not. Again back on the horn with Samsung and they told me the LAN was fine. I told them I guess I will never know until I get my remote. Today I call Samasung exchange and spoke to a supervisor. I told her the my whole story with the remote and LAN and that I have 23 years in supply chain managment business and could she explain how it is that they do not have any knowledge of there current demands and when (and what) there next supply is to be delivered. She did not have an answer. that is when I discoverd that the so called Samsung exchange and service department is not a Samsung affiliate at all but rather a third party working on behalf of Samsung. No wonder they cannot tell me anything. She did suggest that I go out and buy a brand new remote ($300.00) and they would reimburse me. Not sure I want to do that but may have too. I am leary of all of the counterfits out there. So like all of you, I have a very expensive TV with no remote.
I called Samsung customer relations only to get the brush off from them as they indicated that I have to take it up with the exchange department. Yeah right! The exchange department that is not even affiliated with Samsung. This has been one big circle jerk and I am very disapointed with Samsung.

Collapse -
Samsung Touch Remote RMC30C1 Model Code: BN96-14634A
by 1310p1 / April 1, 2011 12:01 AM PDT

Samsung TV: UN46C9000ZFXZA (46" 9000 LED)
Samsung Touch Remote: RMC30C1
Samsung Dongle: WIS09ABGN2

The touchscreen remote has never worked. It has a black screen but the hard buttons do work. Countless calls/chats/Tier2 support/etc to Samsung Tech Support only to have them read the manuals to me and tell me to try this, try that. As I said, the touchscreen is black so I can't do a thing with it. We have resorted to using a generic universal remote to operate our $5000 tv. Finally, Samsung is going to send me a new remote. Many weeks later I am told they have NO REMOTES in stock. I told them I need the RMC301C1 not the RMC301C2. That was very confusing for Samsung to understand. I was told verbally to buy a remote and Samsung will reimburse. I asked for an email confirmation of this offer only to be told that their email wasn't working that day. The customer service person found one remote (C1) on the internet for me to purchase from ebay IN FRENCH! So now the story is that the RMC301C2 is supposed to work with the 9000 series. The Samsung rep said I can purchase the remote and request reimbursement. If the C2 remote d/n work then we can start the process the exchange the tv.

Also, every time we want to access the apps on the tv, we have re-enter the router key. (That's fun!) We don't have to do that with any other electronics in the house - just the new tv.

Has anyone had luck using an ipod touch with the samsung app? Based in the RMC30C1/2 reviews - it might be worth a try!

Collapse -
Same issue
by cambrosia_1 / April 14, 2011 11:38 PM PDT

Question: Has ANYBODY actually witnessed this 'twin view' working on any 9000 series television, apart from a Samsung demonstration?

Collapse -
It did work for a short while
by The_biggest_dog / April 19, 2011 10:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Same issue

YES! I actully was able to view TV on the remote while walking around the house. But it drained the battery and didn't always work. I would have to pair up the remote and the TV again to get it to work. But now that my remote is forever gone and talking with Samsung again today, I was told that they are not going to make the touchscreen remotes anymore and all of the 2011 TVs (9000) will not have a touchscreen remote. It was cool when it worked, but in the end the touchscreen remote was junk.

Collapse -
Status Twin View
by cambrosia_1 / April 27, 2011 9:50 PM PDT

Ok, some progress on my end also. I recieved from Samsung the proper remote (RMC301C1) Once I paired it to the TV and pressed the Twin View button I recieved the error. The error was a paragraph of information that only stayed on the remote screen for one second at a time. I had to repeatedly press the Twin View button (maybe 6 times) just to read off the exact error to the Samsung 2nd level tech. She didn't understand why I was getting the error so as she was setting me up for in-home repiar service call and without my prompting the Twin View picture enabled on the remote. It remained there for quite a few moments but then went away and now pops another error when trying to restart.
Bottom line:
Twin View can work with the proper remote model, but now the focus is to get it to work reliably.
By the way, in second level support Melissa is the person that has experience with Twin View. She's indicating she's got a model in her office that works also.

Collapse -
Mine actually does work
by otispit / August 6, 2011 5:49 AM PDT

but you must log into your wireless router everytime you start the TV. Even that would be OK if the keyboard on the remote would let you enter letters. The TV only recognizes the numbers on the touchpad, not the letters...stupid...so you have to us arrows to enter the pass word everytime you use the twinview feature. major pain in the butt.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!