HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung Remotes

by teejayh / May 12, 2009 7:27 AM PDT

We just ordered a Samsung LN52B750 LCD TV, a Samsung BD-P3600 Blue-Ray DVD Player, and a Samsung HT-AS730ST Home Theater System. We really loved the TV and Sound Systems and decided to get the BlueRay player too. My question is about the remote control units. Does anyone know if any ONE of the remotes will control all of the units? Hopefully one remote will be able to do all of the functions of each remote but we were wondering if we had to get one of the new All-in-one remotes to do this. Any ideas? Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Remotes
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Remotes
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Harmony
by Paleale11 / May 12, 2009 2:21 PM PDT
In reply to: Samsung Remotes

The best remote out there Logitech Harmony One remote... A little spendy but well worth it. Works All the time. Easy set up (online using a usb cable) Never fails...5 stars

Paleale

Collapse -
Samsung Remotes
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 13, 2009 4:01 AM PDT

teejayh,

There is interoperability with the units using Anynet+, where you can control the HT and Blu-Ray units through the television. Some like the feature, others not so much. So you might try enabling Anynet+ (assuming you're using HDMI for all of them) and seeing if that connectivity provides a solution for you.

If not, Pal's recommendation is a great one. People who have these remotes either love them (the majority) or hate them (very few).

--HDTech

Collapse -
Remote codes
by qwipster / May 13, 2009 2:03 PM PDT

Are the hex codes for the LN46B7000 available? I need to program my URC MX-980 remote.

Collapse -
Remote codes
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 14, 2009 5:39 PM PDT
In reply to: Remote codes

qwipster,

I'm sure they exist, but let me see if I can get them, and approval to post them.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Remote codes
by qwipster / May 17, 2009 5:50 PM PDT

Thanks - looking forward to it.

Collapse -
Remote codes
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 19, 2009 12:31 PM PDT

qwipster,

I can't distribute a definitive list, but if you're looking for some of the hex codes, I can help out.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Remote codes
by qwipster / May 19, 2009 3:30 PM PDT

Hopefully, you can post many of them or get a list on Samsung's website.

Most needed:
discreet on
discreet off
discreet codes for each input source - including HDMI, component and RF modulated coax
internet
menu
tools
up, down, left, right, select, exit, return,
menu
tools
source
info
red, green, yellow and blue buttons

Thanks,
Dean

Collapse -
Remote codes
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 28, 2009 10:57 AM PDT

qwipster,

I think it'd be okay to list them here. I'll see what I can do about getting them officially on the website.

DO you need the hex, or the Code values? I'll see what I have available and post them based on your reponse.

Thanks for your patience.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Remote codes
by qwipster / May 28, 2009 6:38 PM PDT

Hex codes

Thanks for the help

Collapse -
Remote Codes
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 29, 2009 8:47 AM PDT

Not a problem:

My answers will list on order of function-code adoption

discreet on 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x02
discreet off 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x01

discreet codes for each input source - including HDMI, component and RF modulated coax

TV 0x0a 0x00 0x00 0x00
Comp1: 0x0a 0x00 0x03 0x00
Comp2: 0x0a 0x00 0x03 0x01
Comp3: 0x0a 0x00 0x03 0x02

HDMI1: 0x0a 0x00 0x05 0x00
HDMI2: 0x0a 0x00 0x05 0x01
HDMI3: 0x0a 0x00 0x05 0x02
HDMI4: 0x0a 0x00 0x05 0x03

There are the ones I have for now. I believe some of the functionality has been added since this list (though it should work for your model), but I'll try and acquire the others.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Remote codes
by qwipster / May 29, 2009 5:46 PM PDT
In reply to: Remote Codes

Thanks - I really appreciate it!

Dean

Collapse -
Pronto Format
by lrolandi / July 16, 2009 4:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Remote Codes

Hi I need to use those codes in Philips Pronto. How can I convert to a pronto valid format?

I am novice in IR. Is this NECx2 format? if so what is the device code and the function code?

I need discrete codes for LN40A550 HDMI 1 2 and 3

Collapse -
Pronto Format
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 16, 2009 12:11 PM PDT
In reply to: Pronto Format

lrolandi,

The manufacturer of the Pronto will have to give you the code banks for their specific remote. The hex codes may be a possibility if they don't have a bank available, but those questions on programming the remote would be better answered by them.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Code values please!
by Just-Fred / May 29, 2009 12:43 AM PDT

In my case, I need the Code values. Can you post them in addition to the hex values?
Thanks!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.