Samsung forum

General discussion

SAMSUNG REFUSES TO HONOR WARRANTY

My Samsung 40 inch LED TV had right angle lines going through the set. I called for a technician who took photographs of the TV and told me that it will be review by Samsung. The company called me two days later, and told me that they would not honor the warranty because of physical abused to the TV. This TV has not even had a cotton ball strike it. In regards of this TV I had purchased Samsung Blue Ray player, a Samsung remote control, and Either connection. Samsung refused to honor the warranty, even though this TV is in brand new condition. This is poor on any level! How can I possibly recommend Samsung products to anyone after this experience?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SAMSUNG REFUSES TO HONOR WARRANTY
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SAMSUNG REFUSES TO HONOR WARRANTY
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
SAMSUNG REFUSES TO HONOR WARRANTY -

In reply to: SAMSUNG REFUSES TO HONOR WARRANTY

Post was last edited on January 10, 2016 1:43 PM PST

Collapse -
REFUSE TO HONOR WARRANTY

In reply to: SAMSUNG REFUSES TO HONOR WARRANTY -

This tv is 6 months old.The representative at the executives office said their decision is final .Then she asked me is their anything else she could help me with.The TV HAS A 1 YEAR WARRANTY .I was telling people how great the tv played and that Samsung was the way to go. From reading the posts on this forum.this is more of a common occurrence that Samsung refuses to address.What ever help you could give me would be appreciated

Collapse -
REFUSE TO HONOR WARRANTY

In reply to: REFUSE TO HONOR WARRANTY

ALTHOUGH I HAVE POSTED MY EXPIERENCE WITH SAMSUNG WITH EIGHT DIFFERENT SOURCES.AND HAVE ALL THESE OTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCTS I HAVE HEARD NOTHING BACK. THANK YOU SAMSUNG FOR THROWING ME UNDER THE BUS !

Collapse -
REFUSE TO HONOR WARRANTY

tvdamage,

Do you have a transaction number? I'm afraid if the ECR Department has already stated a final decision, there may not be much I can do.

--HDTech

Post was last edited on January 10, 2016 1:44 PM PST

Collapse -
Refuse to honor warranty

The Transaction # is 4113909738. I appreciate any attempt even if its a Hail Mary. Thanx

Collapse -
SAMSUNG REFUSES TO HONOR WARRANTY

In reply to: Refuse to honor warranty

I know you spent a thousand dollars on the tv you have the qwerty keyboard and ethernet connection ,blu ray player all by Samsung and your set is only 6 months old but we have determined its physical damage even though your Television looks like it came right out of the box.THIS VOIDS THE WARRANTY.KEEP BUYING SAMSUNG PRODUCTS BECAUSE WE WANT TO SEE HOW DUMB THE CONSUMER TRULY IS.IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE WE CAN HELP YOU WITH

Collapse -
I'm having a similar experience with Samsun right now...

In reply to: SAMSUNG REFUSES TO HONOR WARRANTY

I've adored Samsung products for years and 4 months ago I bought a Galaxy Gear 2 neo smartwatch. I too have a house full of Samsung products, phones, tablets, appliances, and was shopping for a 65-70 inch 4k tv... but the body of my Samsung smartwatch where the strap connects to the body (where the strap pin secures to the watch) broke off. My watch is in excellent condition, screen is perfect... and Samsung is telling me that not only will they not cover it under warranty (calling it physical damage), but they also told me they'd fix it and charge me $20 more than the watch costs brand new! Then while arguing with a customer service rep, he told me they "cannot speculate on the cause of the damage". Then he shouldn't be able to "speculate" that it broke due to misuse, and they should cover it! Samsung just lost a customer that was looking to buy a large 4k tv and the new Galaxy S7, time for a switch to HTC and the Fitbit Blaze. I know that in the grand scheme of things they don't care, they'll sell plenty of electronics to other people... but they shouldn't.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.