Samsung forum

Alert

Samsung refund HELP !!

I bought a samsung galaxy s5, so a contract with Three got the s5 for free and now I've changed my mind and want to get another smartphone can I go to Samsung and refund it there because Three won't let me !!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung refund HELP !!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung refund HELP !!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: refund

In reply to: Samsung refund HELP !!

You've got a free S5 and a contract with Three for (probably) a 2-year subscription against a much higher price than the same contract would be in sim-only version, so - in effect - you pay for the phone in 24 monthly installments.

That's a contract with Three, not a contract with Samsung. Samsung isn't involved in any way. They sold the phone to Three, Three paid them. Three sold it to you and you have to pay Three. If the contract between Three and you doesn't have provisions for returning it, there's nothing you or your lawyer can do about it, unless some consumer protection law applies. But you didn't tell anythng about that.

In the future, better read a contract before you sign it!

Kees

Collapse -
Samsung refund HELP !!

In reply to: Re: refund

I brought the Samsung to Three because the s5's frame was getting off and that was there when I first opened the package, and the gut at Three told me thats you have a 2 year warranty with samsung so go and have a look with them so that also means that if I want to refund it I can still refund to at Samsung ?
please tell me I can Sad

Collapse -
I really don't think so.

In reply to: Samsung refund HELP !!

But they should repair that phone or give you a new one. That's warranty. Since you have to contact them anyway for the warranty, that's a good moment to ask them.

Of course, since it was free, they might be willing to refund you what you paid (GBP 0,00) and keep the phone. But that might not be what you want.

Kees

Collapse -
trade in ?

In reply to: I really don't think so.

Do you know any good trade-ins for the samsung to an iphone 6 in the uk by any chance ?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.