Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung Rear Projection SP43H3HT

by midscouple / January 28, 2009 4:03 AM PST

hi there just bought a second hand samsung as above but colours were out but after playing with the lines on screen accessed via mute 1 8 3 i lined it up ok!!! till............ i couldnt get xbox to work so attempted to alter screen accessed by pressing number 1 and now it is all over the place. can any one help me? is there a service menu or reset or manual to help me rectify it as im really gutted now.

model is sp43h3ht

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Rear Projection SP43H3HT
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Rear Projection SP43H3HT
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Service Menu Warning
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 28, 2009 7:25 AM PST

I hate to do this, but this is precisely why I never recommend going into the service menu if you're not a qualified Samsung technician.

Unfortunately, unless you know how to undo exactly what you did, there isn't anything we can do to restore those menu alterations. Unfortunately, there isn't even a firmware update that could restore the settings as a last-chance hail-mary.

At this point, I might suggest calling 800-SAMSUNG, but the unit is likely out of warranty and you may have to pay out of pocket to get the unit working correctly again.

I don't have a blueprint for the default settings, so I just can't be of any help on this.

--HDTech

Collapse -
service menu settings
by midscouple / January 31, 2009 4:38 PM PST
In reply to: Service Menu Warning

Result i seem to have re aligned the screen now all working ok, not sure what the menu 1, 2 or 3 represent though?? now it is watchable will prob leave alone!!

do you know what is what ? after pressing mute 183 what does 1 2 or 3 represent?

thanks

Collapse -
Close Call...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 1, 2009 4:36 PM PST
In reply to: service menu settings

It depends on which submenu it is.

Quite honestly, like I said, I just can't get into that. It's one of those things that, if it turns into a discussion, more people will figure that there's an improvement in there, try it, and end up with the same problem.

You were lucky, and wow, I can't tell you how relieved to hear that you got your picture back.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung Rear Projection SP43H3HT
by crockhogan / December 28, 2010 6:59 AM PST

how did you manage to re-align your tv?
i have completely messed up mine after not reading the what not to do.
I need help.
If anyone can help me to realign that would help me, what do i need to re-align? the pal 100i? or middle lines?
Spent the last 3 hours screwed it up.
Thanks in advance
Paul

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?