Samsung forum

Question

Samsung R480 Notebook Internet Lag

by steamroll9 / November 27, 2012 2:24 AM PST

I have owned my R480 notebook for a bit now and have been experiencing and issue for the last year or so. Every time I turn it on, come back from sleep, restart, it takes a couple of minutes for it to start processing its internet connection. The notebook says it is connected to the internet and has access, when I open a web page or try to use anything that requires an internet connection, it takes a couple of minutes to actually connect. Once it actually goes to the page, it works fine, but can take 2-5 minutes, which is rather annoying, Any help would be appreciated.

Running Windows 7.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung R480 Notebook Internet Lag
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung R480 Notebook Internet Lag
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
There are far too many causes.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 27, 2012 2:28 AM PST
Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung R480 Notebook Internet Lag
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 27, 2012 11:26 PM PST

Hi steamroll9,

I'd start by doing the good old ctrl + alt + delete and checking the task manager to see what's running under processes, and if you don't recognize something, right click on it, and find it's file location and see if you know what it is. Then from there clean up all those things you have running that you don't recognize. Of course, do a Google search on the program before deleting/uninstalling it, as it may be some Windows service that you're unfamiliar with.

Also, depending on the browser, it may be laden down with plugins, so it would be advisable to go through those and delete ones you're not using any more.

That's enough to get you started.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Still not working
by steamroll9 / December 20, 2012 12:36 AM PST

Sorry for responding to this so late. It has become frustrating to use my notebook. I have gone through all the process and I can't see anything that is hogging resources that would prevent the notebook form establishing an internet connection. The only thing I see is svchost.exe(Network Services). But I though that would make sense because the IE is trying to go onto a page. The problem happens when I use IE, Chrome, Firefox, and anything else that requires an internet connection. When I purposely put the notebook into sleep and then exit out of it, the notebook says I have no internet access, then the ! will disappear and say I have access, it then takes close to five minutes for me to be able to access anything on the internet. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

I have tried re installing the wireless card driver.

I'm at the point of wiping the notebook and reinstalling windows.

Collapse -
Re: Still not working
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 20, 2012 2:02 AM PST
In reply to: Still not working

Hi steamroll9,

Unfortunately, that may be the solution you'll need to use. I don't say this lightly as I know how much work that is, but I've seen that become necessary sometimes.

HD Tech

Collapse -
If you read the link I gave.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 20, 2012 3:01 AM PST
In reply to: Still not working

We spent a lot of time to uncover that ROOTKIT. Then I had them re-post in the CNET Antispyware forum, alerted all the moderators to see if anyone could find a free fix other than restoring to the factory condition. Sadly for that infection the only fixes we see today are to pay for the cure we know of or to restore the PC.

What a mess.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?