General discussion

Samsung R4252 Plasma Vertical Lines Than Strobe Effect

Hi,

I just got my hands on a Samsung R4252 42" Plasma TV... When I powered it on, I noticed some vertical greenish lines of various widths, 3 on the left side of the screen and 3 on the right... After doing some research, I figured that replacing the main logic board might fix the problem..

Anyways, I left it running for a while, hooked up to cable and it gave me a really good picture..

But after about an hour or so, the picture faded really bad and the screen started rapidly flashing with a strobe light effect...

Could this also be a logic board problem?? Or am I looking at something worse??

Any hints or info would be most appreciated.

Thanx.

Michale

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung R4252 Plasma Vertical Lines Than Strobe Effect
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung R4252 Plasma Vertical Lines Than Strobe Effect
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Further Info

Further info on this problem.

This morning, I hooked up a modified XBOX, just to further test... I got a pretty decent picture with a much less noticeable flicker, but still was there..

After about 10 or 15 minutes, the picture went haywire. Really bad flicker and solid green and purple verticle lines...

Here is a pic of the screen with the camera flash ON

http://mfccfl.us/temp/DSC00997.JPG

Here is a pic of the screen with the camera flash OFF

http://mfccfl.us/temp/DSC00998.JPG

What these pics don't show is the really bad strobe/flicker.. I tried to create a little MPG of the flicker, but it doesn't come out.. It just looks like the camera flash OFF pic.

Any hints or info would be most appreciated.

Michale

- Collapse -
Still further info...

Still further info...

After letting the TV sit for about an hour with the afore mentioned screen, I turned the TV off then turned it back on..

Lo' and behold, I had the original perfect picture back with the very minor (comparatively speaking) thin vertical lines on the sides..

mfccfl.us/temp/SamsungR4252.jpg

What do all these symptoms point to as the problem??

I am still thinking Main Logic Board, but want to be sure before I put out the money for a replacement.

Thanx again

Michale

CNET Forums

Forum Info