Question

Samsung PS64D8000 anti burn in protection kicks whn watching

Im having a major issues with my 3 day old Samsung PS64D8000 (Australian model).

Its the FV version.

Basically when I watch TV and dont do anything for 10 mins the anti burn in samsung logo starts popping up. I touch the remote and it goes away.

Now that was with 1009 firmware, so I upgraded to 1012.2 available on Australian samsung site and it all seemed fine .. today i tried to watch TV and again it does it..

It does it on HDMI input source and the built in tuner. Only one that seems fine is the USB.

What is going on here, anyone else had this?

PS> I turned anti burn in screen saver off and it still did this.

Any ideas? I am at a loss and really disillusioned as this is my 3rd plasma, first 2 C8000's had dead pixels and now this one this issue? (My first 55" LED was repaired 3 times when i had enough and now more)

Really really dissapointed, do Samsung even have quality control?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung PS64D8000 anti burn in protection kicks whn watching
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung PS64D8000 anti burn in protection kicks whn watching
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer

Well lets add a dead/stuck pixel to this as well now.

- Collapse -
Answer
Samsung PS64D8000 anti burn in protection kicks whn watching

FraG_AU,

- Collapse -
Thanks

Thank you for your supportive response. I will talk to my retailer, see what they say first.

Thought i have had a nightmare experience - I can say thought, samsung warranty/customer service has come to the rescue - i dont know whether the TV gods hate me but here is hoping.

- Collapse -
2 dead pixels

The store will organise a swap for me, btw I now have 2 dead pixels - on on a blue screen, one on a green screen (different areas) I wonder how many more will pop up.

- Collapse -
2 dead pixels

FraG_AU,

CNET Forums