General discussion

Samsung PS51D6900 HDMI1/DVI problem - firmware fix required

I've now tested this on 3 different sets with identical results each
time with Samsung spouting the same "get a replacement from your
retailer" reply. It obviously needs a fix via a firmware update, I've
seen the same fault with both v1007 and the most current 1009 updates.

If you connect a PC (outputting 1920x1080@60Hz) to HDMI1/DVI and label
it as either "DVI PC" or "PC", the TV will intermittently apply a blue
overlay to the display. I've tried it with a PS3 also just to check
it's not the 3 different PCs that I've used, and the PS3 was the same.
It never does it if the input is labelled as something else (BluRay,
Satellite etc), but then that doesn't enable "PC mode" with smooth text
and no over scan etc.

<b>Attach a PC via HDMI 1/DVI
Label the
source as PC or DVI PC (to put the TV into "PC mode")
Select a regular source
on HDMI 2, 3 or 4
Power off TV
Power on TV (TV should be on the HDMI
source you selected before powering off)
Switch to HDMI1/DVI (a blue tint
should now be covering the entire screen)
Cycle the power again to get rid of
it</b>

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung PS51D6900 HDMI1/DVI problem - firmware fix required
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung PS51D6900 HDMI1/DVI problem - firmware fix required
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
*Bump*

*Bump*

- Collapse -
Just a tip.

Be sure to call such in, get your TRANSACTION number so it can be escalated if need be.
Bob

- Collapse -
Useless Samsung

Yeah I've spoken to Samsung a few times, it seems impossible to get the information to the correct person.

The customer service rep just keeps repeating the same info, "get a replacement from your retailer".

- Collapse -
Sorry to read that.

And I don't see that transaction number. Without it, our ambassador doesn't have all the ammo.
Bob

- Collapse -
Sorry to read that.

R. Proffitt.

- Collapse -
Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried 3 seperate PCs, a plethora of different cables and also tried enabling the "DVI PC" and "PC" labels whilst using a PS3 set to 1080P output and it displays the same blue overlay (when on HDMI1/DVI).

All hardware works fine on a different Samsung model I own and my Pioneer plasma. This is what has convinced me that the TV needs a fix in its next firmware update. The only problem is I can't get this information through to any of the customer service reps (not sure if you can via Samsung internally?).

I wasn't sure if this was a US based forum or not, thanks for taking the time to reply anyway even though it's a Euro model.

- Collapse -
Thanks

Colt_Seavers,

CNET Forums