General discussion

Samsung Power Supply are dual voltage?

I have 3 Samsung LED TV and the three of them are labeled as 110-120v but the internal power supply boards are marked as Input voltage 100-240v 50/60hz.

Are they really dual voltage?

Power Supply boards for:

UN46ES6150FXZA > BN44-00502A
UN55ES6150FXZA > BN-06430L
UN65HU8500FXZA > BN44-00741A

I can confirm that they only are NTSC for the coaxial input.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung Power Supply are dual voltage?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung Power Supply are dual voltage?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Question resolved....

YES, ALL OF THEM ARE DUAL VOLTAGE !!!

All the Power Supply boards are engraved with the input as 100-240v 50/60Hz, so how i decided to plug them directly to 220v athought on the back label marking that it is 110v?, well i also have a Samsung UN46F5500AG (GCFV) sold in Argentina that the label is marked only as 220-240v 50/60Hz, but the power supply boards also is marked as 100-240v, so i plugged it to 110v and turned on fine, that means that is dual voltage.

So if you want to make sure that the power supply of your Samsung TV is dual voltage, open the back cover, and you will see the video board (green one) and the power supply board (orange one), there is a table with some specs and the input must say 100-240v 50/60Hz.

TESTED 100%

Guido

- Collapse -
Need help

Hi Guido
can you help me please to check the voltage of BN44-00808D ?
regards,
Rody

- Collapse -
Dual Voltage Power Supply

Hello, I realise this is an old post, but if anyone is still watching, my Samsung UN55HU8550 has a beige board on the right side where the mains input plus in. The board itself says 100-240v but I can not seem to locate the orange power supply board. I see that my model TV resembles on of the ones in the beginning of the post, so I assume it will work in a 220v environment, but if anyone has any direct experience with this, it would be greatly appreciated. Photo at the following link. Board.

- Collapse -
Let's stay technical.
- Collapse -
Any new models with dual voltage

Just trying to see if this is true for all new TV's? I am shopping to buy a new TV here in the US that can then be used in 220 V country.

- Collapse -
Too many other variables.

Always ask the maker for details about the HDMI region issues. If you move a 60Hz model to 50Hz well there is a possible issue. Also, most Smart TVs require a region change. Some don't and you are paying more for less.

Also, very very few models have an international warranty. If you thought you were going to save bucks, if the model fails, you often have to ship it back to the US to get repairs.

POOF. Savings all gone and the buyer melts down as they flame the makers.

- Collapse -
Even if the power input is flexible...

The signal input will likely not be. Component inputs may work, and HDMI should work, but composite is another story and antenna/cable is not likely to work, as only a very few countries are adopting the US paradigm of ATSC terrestrial and QAM cable digital signals.

- Collapse -
Power shouldn't be an issue

The short answer is the TV will power on when plugged into 220VAC provided you have the correct power cable or plug adapter AND the 220VAC operates on the same FREQUENCY as the TV.

If the input is labeled as 100-240v 50/60hz, then the TV will work in about 99.9% of the world {I would advise caution when plugging into anything that sounds odd like 127 or 208}. I would also recommend trying to find a power cable rated for 220 over just shoving a plug adapter on the end of the cord. If the power cord wire isn't rated for 220; you could be looking at a fire hazard or possibly damaging your TV(s).

If you are thinking about shipping your TV, this might help: http://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plug-voltage-by-country/

The long answer:
I recently contacted Samsung about my older US TV (UN60D7000FXZA) about shipping it a country with 220V power. The rep recommended changing the power cable and told me the only thing I would need to worry about would be the format the country used.

Analog:
NTSC (older analog TV signals {no longer used} in the US and Canada).
SECAM (analog signal used in France, Russia and some African countries)
PAL (analog signal used in the Middle East, Asia and Australia).

Most TV's that are designed for one standard (NTSC/ASTC) cannot be used on another standard (PAL) without some kind of conversion box which may or may not even be available in the destination country.

Some countries may have a conversion box between PAL and SECAM since both standards are used in close proximity (Africa). Some countries may have conversion between NTSC and PAL since both are used in close proximity (South America).

Digital:
ATSC (newer digital signals used in the US and Canada).
DVB-T (Europe)
ISDB-T (South America)
DTMB (China)

Then there are the Cable TV standards such as DVB-C as well as Satellite TV standards such as DVB-S and DVB-SH.

If you are shipping the TV to another country. the key here is to determine the TV signal standard used in the country you want to ship the TV to and find out if you need a conversion box and if there is a conversion box available (that also operates on 220v).

Also, keep in mind that if you ship your Digital TV to a country using analog signals, the picture quality may not be as good due to the whole analog to digital conversion thing.

This might help: http://www.paradiso-design.net/TVsystems_worldwide.html

Although, if you are moving and want to avoid all the hassle, you could sell the TVs and buy (a) new one(s) when you get there.

- Collapse -
Another voltage question

Hi since the issue is already being discussed in this thread...
I have a UN65KS8000, I wonder if I can bring it to Europe where they use 220v. Or do I need to buy a 220 to 110 volt transformer.

Thanks!

- Collapse -
Re: Voltage

The voltages (110, 230) and frequencies (50, 60) accepted by your TV should be mentioned on the TV itself or in the user manual. Did you have a look already?

Most devices nowadays accept both the USA and the Europe standard. But it's only sure yours does if it says so.

- Collapse -
Samsung TV 32' model # UE32B6000VWXXU AC220-240V-50HZ 95W

I bought a UK Samsung TV with power supply of 220-240V, The cord has 3 plug in wirer connection. Can I convert it to 110V?

- Collapse -
Maybe.

I worry about the 50Hz statement. This can mean it's a PAL standard so you may run into very odd video issues.

There are so many 110V to 220V convertors that that portion is not a problem. We know the Antenna is useless in most other parts of the world so let's here where you are now.

- Collapse -
MiaCali2017,

Hello there,
I bought an adapter to convert it to 110V. Do you think that will work for US?

- Collapse -
220 to 110

I have the opposite problem. I have shipped my 55" 4K curved TV from Thailand, 220v, to me here in Florida. It arrives this week. Samsung said just change the wiring ( plug) to ours as it is a dual 220/110. I don't know how to change the wire. Can I just buy an adapter plug?

- Collapse -
Re: adapter

An adapter plug should surely work.

- Collapse -
Solution

Hi Could you please share you experience on this. What you have did it finally

- Collapse -
Hlp

Does this Samsung TV has dual voltage i.e. 110v and 220v?
40" Class MU6300 4K UHD TV
UN40MU6300FXZA

- Collapse -
Re: dual voltage

The only way to be sure: look at what it says. If you prefer a webshop above a physical shop: ask them before buying.

- Collapse -
50MU6300 is this dual voltage?

Hi All,

Thank you in advance. I would like to know if 50MU6300 is this dual voltage?

- Collapse -
Please help us help you.

Always supply a product link to Samsung.com

- Collapse -
Samsung MU6290 is it 110-240v 50/60hz compatible?
- Collapse -
Re: voltage

I'm sure nobody here will tell you to connect a TV that says "110V" to 220V. Much to risky.

Only do it if Samsung customer support says they are sure it's OK and of course, we'll give you a new one if it turns out it isn't and we were wrong.

- Collapse -
Is this model UN55NU7300 of Samsung TV support 220V?

Hi,
Please let me know if this model of Samsung TV is multi voltage i.e. supports 220V or not?

Model - UN55NU7300

- Collapse -
Re: 220 V
- Collapse -
BN44-00948B @ QN65Q8FNBFXZA Series

What about the BN44-00948B? Dual Voltage Usage too?

Found some pictures but nothing detailed enough so read the tables on the board. No spec sheet available.
Samsung US Chat said it might work but not recommended.

LINK1

Link 2

Link 3

Same Part available in European Stores. https://www.samsungersatzteile.com/

HS

CNET Forums