General discussion

Samsung PN58C8000 Display Issue?

There are a few situations where I notice this "effect" occurring.

-When using the menu, selecting different items will stretch a "transparent" black bar across the screen

-When having the computer hooked up to the tv the same effect can be observed with window bars, etc

-If there is a large difference in contrast between two objects the darker object will "stretch" across the screen making the color distorted

What do you guys think?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung PN58C8000 Display Issue?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung PN58C8000 Display Issue?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Samsung PN58C8000 Display Issue? -

vincentjames501,

Can you take and upload a picture of this to www.imageshack.us and post the link here?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
here's a video
- Collapse -
here's a video

vincentjames501,

I was able to view the video, but I'm not sure how to advise on this. If this is only happening with the menu, that might be one thing, but the computer dialogue boxes could go either way - could be the TV or the card on that one. I can't offer a conclusive diagnosis if this is normal or if this is a repairable issue.

That said, it appears to be a concern, and I'd advise you to have a technician take a look, particularly since it's still under warranty.

--HDTech

CNET Forums

Forum Info