Question

Samsung PN51D550C1F Won't Turn On, Samsung Support Useless

Hi, I purchased the above mentioned Samsung Plasma TV maybe two years ago from Best Buy. Yesterday while I was reading in the den on my Samsung Galaxy S6 (I'm a Samsung lover), the TV started to make a clicking noise even though it wasn't on. When I retrieved the remote and tried to turn it on, it wouldn't start, and now the red LED power light keeps flickering twice every second (even after plugging it out and back in).

I just got off the phone with Samsung and they told me it would cost me to repair it and referred me to a service center. They said they would not back any repair costs to it and that I'm on my own. Well, the service center they referred me to was shut down for shady business practices according to their Yelp page, and now I'm not sure what to do. I feel like I should attempt to fix it myself, although I'm not sure how.

What really makes me angry is that a very expensive TV that's only two years old would have the characteristic clicking problem that I've read so many Samsung TVs have, and Samsung refuses to back any repairs to it. It hasn't even been moved since I first got it, it gets dusted every week and is in a very clean house, and it's in a cool, open area where it won't overheat. And it wasn't even on when it stopped working! So I don't get it. I've never heard of any TV failing after two years, even the junky $120 ones I've bought from Best Buy, even the 8 year old Vizio my parents have in their dusty backyard near the dryer vent. This was not the customer service experience I expected from the company I've always supported and needed help from just one time. And I'm definitely questioning whether I should buy any future products from them if they're going to break this randomly and if they're not going to back what is clearly a manufacturing defect (sorry Galaxy Gear S2, looks like I'll have to hold off on you). :/

Anyone know what I can do to get my TV working again, preferably not repairing it for the same price I bought it for? Thank you so much, and sorry for some of the ranting.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung PN51D550C1F Won't Turn On, Samsung Support Useless
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung PN51D550C1F Won't Turn On, Samsung Support Useless
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Won't turn on.

I'd ask them to suggest another authorised service center, of see the shop where you bought it can send a tech to your home, if https://www.google.com/search?q=samsung+plasma+click doesn't help you finding and replacing the broken part.

Yes, those plasma TV's weren't a great success. No wonder they have disappeared from the shops.

Kees

- Collapse -
Answer
Re: Service
- Collapse -
Re: Thread

I just called them again, they gave me yet another repair center phone number that doesn't connect. This is so ridiculous. I've bought every Galaxy phone, every Gear watch, and they won't even acknowledge or make good on their TVs being junk. TVs aren't supposed to fail after 2 years. Never buying from Samsung again. Worst customer service, no accountability, no responsibility, no appreciation of loyal customers.

- Collapse -
Just asking.

Did you tell them about your collection of Galaxies (S1 through S6, S6 Edge, S1 through S5 mini, Note 1 through 5, Note 5 Edge, Core Prime, Grand Prime, Avant, Alpha, Light, Ring, Discover, Admire, Ativ S Neo, Freeform 5, Rugbe 3, Ativ Odyssee and a lot more). You must be the only one except the Samsung company itself who has all, and the only one paying for all those phones.
Or did you just suppose they guessed you're such a dream customer?

Kees

CNET Forums