HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

Rant

Samsung PN42B400 cracked on itself

by neald123 / August 10, 2011 3:35 AM PDT

Hello, I purchased one of Samsung PN42B400 (42" Plasma 720p, 600hz) TV's on August 13th, 2010 (last year) from the Best Buy on Nicholasville RD in Lexington, KY. It was a great TV and I never had any problems with it (except for a couple days of it clicking while on but it went away). On July 17th, the TV randomly showed a crack in the panel. The crack is on the inside of the TV and no one hit it. I left my apartment at UK, and nothing was wrong with the TV and my room mate came back 2 hours later and saw the crack in the inside panel. Samsung got a service technician to come out and look at the TV and deemed it to be point of impact physical damage based on his photos. NO ONE WAS IN THE APARTMENT IN THAT 2 HOUR TIME FRAME. The TV broke on itself.

I was reading on here through a google search that other samsung plasma TV owners were experiencing the same problems and samsung gave them the exact answer. Do any of you all have any advice? I am currecntly waiting for Samsung's Executive Customer Service team to call me back so I can make my case for them to replace the TV without charge.

I am a college student who has to budget his money and this TV was purchased after saving money all last summer and I really expected better from one of the top, if not THE top, TV brands out there. I can honestly say if something is not done about the problem with the TV they will lose a customer and customer's family who have bought samsung their whole life when it came to TVs, DVD player, VCR player, Blueray player, surround sound systems.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung PN42B400 cracked on itself
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung PN42B400 cracked on itself
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Service numbers
by neald123 / August 10, 2011 3:42 AM PDT

my most recent two service numbers are:

Collapse -
How Horrible
by accessoriesguy / August 11, 2011 6:25 AM PDT

wow that sucks, I would expect poor service from some companies, but Samsung generally has some of the best stuff available. That sucks, I hope you get everything resolved, especially now that we are all feeling a financial pinch (or punch)

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.