Question

Samsung Plasma PN50B860 - No picture, flashing green LED

The TV had been serving me well until yesterday while watching CBS the screen went off. I could still hear the audio on my receiver. A power cycle did not help.

Unplugged it for couple of hours but it still showed nothing. Not even the source information that pops up when changing sources or channels. But the TV responds to remote when I try to change the channels, power it on, change sources etc I can hear the audio changing.

No improvement overnight. Today while inspecting the back I noticed there was a green LED flashing. Does that mean anything? Not sure if it was there before but I probably would have noticed it.

The TV is 3 years old but expected a $2k TV to last a bit longer. Any comments / suggestions appreciated.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung Plasma PN50B860 - No picture, flashing green LED
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung Plasma PN50B860 - No picture, flashing green LED
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung Plasma PN50B860 - No picture, flashing green LED
- Collapse -

Thanks HD_Tech. Do I need a transaction number to post there? I don't have one since it's out of warranty.

I opened the back today (after a day unplugged) and noticed the LED that was flashing is LED2000. There is another LED5001, which was bright and steady.

Does that help in identifying the issue (like blown capacitors or something more serious)? The audio over SPDIF out to receiver is fine and the only noise is from the spinning fan.

Thanks.

- Collapse -
Photo
- Collapse -

Hi rexian96,

No, you don't need to have any transaction numbers to go through social media support. But be sure to have your serial and model number handy.

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -
Submitted form

Thanks HD_Tech. I submitted the Facebook form. Anyway to track it or I should expect a message back?

- Collapse -
Re: Submitted form

Hi rexian96,

You'll be getting a message back from me at least. Happy

HD Tech

- Collapse -
Replied

Hi HD_Tech, I replied with the serial number last Friday. Did you receive it?

- Collapse -
I see that now

Hi rexian96,

I hadn't seen it yet, so I went hunting for the email. Found it. Happy

HD Tech

CNET Forums