HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung PC Share Manager 2.2 Bug and feedback

by bahadirozkurt / October 14, 2009 9:42 AM PDT

Hello,

I bought a Samsung 40B750 a few months ago and have been enjoying it. Today I've upgraded to PC Share Manager 2.2 and one of the four folders I'm sharing does not get included to the shared files somehow.

I've tried to isolate the problem and included them one by one, included folder A applied changes and waited for the program to re-create the DB. Then I removed folder A and did the same with folder B, etc. For a weird reason when adding folder D (the problematic one) the DB seems to be created instantly. The program causes no errors and I can't find any log to see where the problem lies.

Even more interesting, when I place the folder D within folder A and add Folder A, contents of folder D are included. Their structure are quite alike (folder depth from root, etc.)

I fixed the problem while writing this: I removed all the shared folders, applied changes, then I turned off the server, deleted everything in "c:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\SAMSUNG PC Share Manager\MediaRoot\" and its subfolders and restarted the server. As the last step I added the folder D again and now its working as intended. Perhaps this will help someone...

On a more general note, Samsung may be doing a superb job with its TV's, but this specific program is worse than a beginner's attempt at an newly learned programming language. Putting everything performance related aside, a program sharing selective folders, should be able to browse the said folders itself. The bar icons are cute, but the UI is clumsy and non-resizable... There is no debugging information available while there are so many bugs in the program.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung PC Share Manager 2.2 Bug and feedback
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung PC Share Manager 2.2 Bug and feedback
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung PC Share Manager 2.2 Bug and feedback
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 14, 2009 10:25 AM PDT

bahadirozkurt,

I appreciate the feedback and the details you've provided. I will indeed be sending this information for analysis.

And thanks for the kind words on the TV's.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Audio codec
by OscarAnnica / October 16, 2009 11:26 PM PDT

Hi, just bought a LED series 8 (UE40B8050XWXXE) and the WLAN adapter (WISO9ABGN). Got it installed (running Vista) without much trouble and our photos are a joy to view on this excellent screen. However, I also have quite a lot of videos from the same camera (a Canon S5). Two problems:
a) An incredibly slow update - it's like trying to view something from Youtube on a really slow connection (like dialed-up).
b) The TV doesn't recognize the audio codec, so back to "silent films".
Canon S5 uses AVI format, with WAVE (= WAV) format for sound.
Please, I know nothing about audio codecs, and don't particularly wish to learn, but I do want sound while viewing my videos. Thought about updating Share Manager to the latest version (I got 2.0 on the CD with the TV), but now I hesitate after reading this. So:
1. Would I win anything (= sound!) by updating to PC Share Manager 2.2?
2. Is it safe to do so?

Annica (in Sweden)

Collapse -
^^^^^
by panzer008 / October 17, 2009 12:33 AM PDT
In reply to: Audio codec

Its no harm in updating to the new PC share manager 2.2

If Samsung website for ur country has recommended it for ur model then its always safe to use the update....

I use it now..... much quicker than v2.0...... quick in folder navigation....... but there is always going to be a difference when playing thru USB and playing thru DLNA.......

The ease with which the TV can play frm USB can never be he same using DLNA..... though in future u never know Wink

Collapse -
Audio codec - additional info
by OscarAnnica / October 17, 2009 1:33 AM PDT
In reply to: ^^^^^

Thanks for speedy reply, though nothing about audio codec. Here some addional info:

When downloading same video files to a USB and plugging into tv the video plays faultlessly (= correct speed) and WITH SOUND.

Annica

Collapse -
PC Share Managers and firmwires
by Jul_09 / October 31, 2009 9:05 PM PDT

Hi Anthony,

I recognized there is a new version of Samsung PC Share Manager released few days ago, but I can't find any information about the changes in that. Can you tell me what's the difference between v2.23 and former ones?
I have another question to you about firmwires of Samsung B650 series. The v.T-CHLCIPDEUC-2005.0 upgrade file for the P series and ver.T-CHL7DEUC-2005.0 file for the W series just released. If it's not a corporate secret please tell me what's new in these releases.
Thank you!

regards,
JuliuS

Collapse -
PC Share Managers and firmwires
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 2, 2009 3:13 PM PST

Jul_09,

I imagine the update probably addresses some fixes. I don't have any specific information, unfortunately.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung PC Share Manager
by Netherdale / November 3, 2009 6:13 AM PST

Can someone please let me know where to find PC Share Manager v 2.2 - The samsung site redirects to a 1.5 ?

Thx

Collapse -
Samsung PC Share Manager
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 3, 2009 9:46 AM PST

Netherdale,

Depending on what model television you have, 1.5 may be the latest version supported by your model. If you have a LNxxAxxx or PNxxAxxx model, then 1.5 is the latest version.

--HDTech

Collapse -
PC Share Manager 2.2
by Netherdale / November 4, 2009 2:07 AM PST

Thanks HDTech,

I have an LE37B651 When I key the model number into the search facility no software option appears. However, I have just tried LE37B650 which has a software tab & a download for PC Share Manager 2.3. I have now installed this, and it seems to function as expected on my 651 model. It would be nice to know what the update provides. Thanks for your help again. Netherdale

Collapse -
Access to PC Share Manager updates
by cazeault / December 28, 2009 1:30 AM PST
In reply to: PC Share Manager 2.2

I would appreciate the url to acess the lates version of my PC Share for my recent LE40A856. I am on Win 7 Ultimate and on a CPL home network

Also a guide to DLNA will be useful as my actual version seems to block sharing any external USB disks (WD or else(I have 3 different).

Otherwise it is great technology and I apprzeciate. For now I just use the USB key wih photos JPG or avi films but I would like to setup extra PC Share (aside the content from my dish of course...)

Thnaks

Henri
cazeault@gmail.com

Collapse -
Access to PC Share Manager updates
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 30, 2009 4:32 PM PST

cazeault,

I checked the website in the UK region (where that model is sold), and I wasn't able to find a software tab on the website. I would definitely recommend calling the Samsung Customer Service Center in your region to see if you can obtain a copy of the software from Samsung.

Normally, it is located in the same tab as the firmware and the manuals.

--HDTech

Collapse -
thanks
by cazeault / December 30, 2009 8:05 PM PST

I will check the US site ; I presume that there is one (1) PC Share and it do not depend on TV models that support DLNA.

Someone told me that v 2.3 exists and as an english version do not bother me....

But that "user easy confusion" or "Samsung site user-difficulty" is not helping Samsung reputation who however have a wunderful piece of technology.

cioa Henri

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.