General discussion

Samsung P3600 Blu-ray

I have the P3600 and while watching a video on a USB thumb drive, I pressed REWIND and the unit froze up.

After trying everything, I unplugged the unit for about 30 seconds, plugged it back in, and now can't get past LOAD on the display (and the bubbles/clouds background on the TV).

I've tried the FF button trick to no avail.

I purchased this unit 10 months ago new, but Samsung claims it only has a 3 month LABOR warranty (but 12 month PARTS) and will only touch it if I give them $110 and send it in.

Now, I have a feeling that all that happened was the memory got scrambled some how, but it is a shame there is no way to reset it back to factory defaults.

I've even tried loading a CD with the firmware downloaded on to it and still nothing happens...

It's VERY frustrating to have happen on such a new unit, ESPECIALLY considering the price I paid for it...

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung P3600 Blu-ray
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung P3600 Blu-ray
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
This is a problem I've seen for years.

As products get cheap, service often costs as much as the product. For example I see this player from 110 to 135 at http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-BD-P3600-1080p-Blu-ray-Player/dp/B001TK3D4K

As to the claim, that's true and part of the reason why the prices were able to drop on these players. You'll find warranty times and conditions to be in retreat across all industries.

Try it ONE MORE TIME but pull the AC plug, go have a break and then come back and try the FF again.
Bob

- Collapse -
Been there done that

Yup. tried it dozens of times. Left it unplugged over night. Nothing helps. Maybe I'll just have to be a jerk and start screaming at customer service. Seems like being polite gets you nowhere these days.

CNET Forums

Forum Info