Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung P2370 DVI Monitor no output disply from Radeon 5770

by diaboliq20 / August 5, 2010 5:25 AM PDT

Hey guys - I just bought a samsung P2370 and plugged it into the DVI port on my Radeon HD5770 - alas - no picture, just the grey box alternating the text analogue and digital in the top left corner.
Plugged my old monitor into the DVI cable to check it - working fine - downloaded samsungs drivers for windows 7 and installed them.....plugged in the samsung and rebooted - no joy here either - checked the monitor on my other pc - works perfectly, so not a faulty monitor - plugged my old monitor into the VGA connection of my radeon, and the samsung into the DVI and booted into windows - old monitor works fine, still no image on samsung - checked the monitors in display settings of windows - it shows the samsung monitor as the second display device, and even recommends the resolution of 1920x1080 - I've tried adjusting the resolutin down, and it is set to 60hz, but i still get no image on the samsung - I have checked, and I appear to have the latest ati drivers for my GPU - any ideas??????

AMD Phenom? 8850 X3 Triple Core 2500MHz CPU
Gigabyte GA-M68M-S2 motherboard
4GB DDR 2 RAM
Windows 7
Asus ATI Radeon HD 5770 CuCore PCI-E Graphics Card
Samsung P2370 DVI connection

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung P2370 DVI Monitor no output disply from Radeon 5770
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung P2370 DVI Monitor no output disply from Radeon 5770
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Same problem
by dementia_13 / January 13, 2011 6:39 AM PST

Hi there,

I've got the exact same problem and haven't been able to find a solution.

Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks!

Collapse -
Samsung official?
by dementia_13 / January 14, 2011 5:26 AM PST
In reply to: Same problem

Hello,

I'd really appreciate a response from a Samsung official, if possible.

I love the monitor and would like to know how to get the DVI port working with an ATI 5700-series video card.

Thanks!

Collapse -
Same problem with PX2370
by Yojimbo2370 / March 27, 2011 4:44 AM PDT

I am experiencing the same problem with the PX2370 monitor.

I happen to have the same ASUS Radeon 5770 video card as the original poster.

The monitor cannot detect a signal on the DVI port from this video card. However, connecting the 5770 DVI output to the PX2370 via the HDMI adapter works just fine.

Collapse -
Update: Mar 27
by dementia_13 / March 27, 2011 10:40 AM PDT

By way of an update - I've contacted Samsung and they insist the problem is with the video card.

I've contacted ASUS/AMD and they have sent me several response emails but we have not been able to figure out what the problem is, or how to solve it.

I tried getting a HDMI-to-DVI adapter and going from the HDMI in the computer then changing it to DVI at the monitor, but that didn't work (then again, maybe the cheap converter just was no good).

Anyone?

Yojimbo, what have you been using as a workaround?

Collapse -
RE: Update:Mar 27
by Yojimbo2370 / March 28, 2011 12:53 AM PDT
In reply to: Update: Mar 27

dementia,

Samsung may be correct about the problem being with the video card. I tested the DVI port on the monitor this morning using an HDMI to DVI adapter at the output of my PS3 and connecting to the DVI input port on the PX2370 monitor. It was able to detect that signal immediately with no issues. So that eliminates the possibility of a faulty DVI connector on the monitor and proves that the monitor can handle DVI input correctly.

My workaround at the moment is just to use the DVI to HDMI adapter that came with my video card and using the HDMI input port on the PX2370. I'm guessing that the P2370 is missing the HDMI port? If so, that won't help you much as a workaround.

Collapse -
Has 1 HDMI
by dementia_13 / March 28, 2011 3:48 AM PDT
In reply to: RE: Update:Mar 27

Okay, thanks for that.

The P2370 has one HDMI input and one DVI. At the moment I need to use two HDMI, one for PS3 and one for computer (since the computer's DVI won't do it).

So I'll try and buy a better quality HDMI-to-DVI adapter and hopefully that will fix the problem.

Will report back.

Thanks!

Collapse -
brand
by dementia_13 / March 28, 2011 3:49 AM PDT
In reply to: RE: Update:Mar 27

Also, does anyone have a good brand HDMI-to-DVI adapter to recommend that's relatively cheap?

Collapse -
Same problem
by Phil3388 / October 5, 2011 7:40 PM PDT

Hi
I've same problem
Does any one knoe what to fix

Collapse -
If so, I'm sure you noticed this link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 6, 2011 2:09 AM PDT
Collapse -
Work around
by dementia_13 / April 6, 2011 10:17 AM PDT

So I haven't managed to solve this problem after almost a year of searching.

My work around is that I bought an HDMI-to-DVI converter cable. The HDMI goes into the computer, the DVI into the monitor. Now everything works - I can have my computer and my PS3 plugged in at the same time and I don't have to keep switching. Woot!

Good luck, future people.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.