General discussion

Samsung Out of Warranty Replacement

I've had continuous issues with my HL50A650 and Samsung finally offered to issue me an Out of Warranty replacement. They did say there would be some sort of prorated replacement and a fee to go along with it. Has anyone had this done for them by Samsung and what was your cost?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung Out of Warranty Replacement
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung Out of Warranty Replacement
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -

jerlent,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a hard time getting your HL50A650 to work. I'm glad you're getting taken care of.

I'm not sure what the replacement program is, since I'm not in service. Maybe others have a story or similar situation, but I can't really comment on the process. The service department would likely have a better answer for this.

--HDTech

- Collapse -

Its been a process and a lot of frustration but I'm happy with the end result. I just wish I knew how much this might run me. Unfortunately the ECR rep told me that I would have to wait 5-10 days for them to process everything and only the Replacement dept could give me any answers. If anyone has any experience with this, your input would be appreciated. I'll keep you updated as I hear something from Samsung.

- Collapse -
did your TV get replaced yet?

I had the similar experience. Samsung offered an out-of-warranty replacement for my TV. Did you hear back from them yet? Do you mind share how much it costs? Thanks!

- Collapse -
Replaced

Sorry I haven't updated my post. Samsung first offered to give me a ln55c630 for $900 out of my pocket. I couldn't swing that so I was willing to go down to a 46" so they gave me a ln46c650 for $300. Once the replacement was authorized, it took about a week for the shipping company to come deliver and remove the old one. All in all it worked out very well and I'd definitely buy another Samsung TV again.

CNET Forums

Forum Info