Question

Samsung New PC Studio

Hello Everyone,

I had an operating problem with the computer which occurred when I was trying to use the PC Studio to download photos from my Samsung mobile phone.
I thought it was a problem with the PC Studio programme and deleted the PC Studio through Control Panel/Programmes and Features. I then tried to re-install it and was not able to.
I received this message -
"Error 1935 During Installation .... Component [1E507087-0819-45E0-AOIF-C8B3B9A1E18E. HRESULT: 0x80073712

It will not now re-instal.

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Colinito

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung New PC Studio
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung New PC Studio
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Sadly this can be a Microsoft bug.
- Collapse -
Samsung New PC Studio

Thanks for that Bob, but the link does not help. Update was already off, and the PC Studio will still not reinstall - gets about three-quarters along and the error message comes up. Then it all rolls back!

Regards

Colinito

- Collapse -
I did not supply all of Microsoft articles on this.

It's just one of the reasons. There is some debate whether software makers should support the PC or not. Consumers don't care. They seem to demand the software author/maker fix their PC. It's an odd tale that would take far too long to write up.

Where do you get your PC support today? And if you have no place, try the CNET Computer Help forum.
Bob

- Collapse -
Samsung New PC Studio

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply. I solved it myself by initiating the Mass Storage facility of the mobile, picking up the photos etc from the mobile, shown on computer as removable storage device F, (connected by USB), and transferring them to a folder in the computer.

I have had a big problem recently, which is ongoing. I had communication with Microsoft Answers, and got exactly back to where I started!

There is a story to explain some details, and reports of what has been done. Briefly, it concerns Security Updates for Windows 7 KB2676562 and KB2679255 not being installed, and even though they are reported as installed and 'successful,' and the update history shows them as being installed on every successive day, however the Currently Installed Updates report that there are No Updates Installed on the computer!
There is more information, but I won't detail that here in this answer, Suffice it to say that after a few days of following advice and doing various scans with various programmes, Microsoft Answers said - Your computer should NOT be connected to the internet or any local networks, (ie. other computers) in it's current state. All your personal data (eg. online banking & credit card passwords) should be considered at-risk, if not already compromised.
I therefore emptied the bowl of water which they used to wash their hands of the problem with and continued using the computer which remains in the same state! (How do I pronounce the word RED backwards??!!!)

Regards

Colinito

- Collapse -
I HEAR YOU.

I'm sorry but these sorts of issues are usually resolved with either luck, perseverance, workarounds or finding the right person that makes the right guess.

If you have been around PCs you should be turning RED as you see the latest malware and more. Even with the help of the CNET Spyware forum mods my dad's machine could not be cleansed of a nasty. Long story about a new rootkit and while I know how to manual excise it, I would be left with a dead Windows since he didn't have a Windows CD for me to fix the dead Windows with.

GOOD MOVE to use the STORAGE FEATURE of the phone/tablet/device.

In fact, I have been using that for over a decade on my cameras. Kodak botched their software over a decade ago so I moved to using the cards as a disk drive and copying my files out ever since.

Makes you wonder how much money these companies could have saved if they instructed the users to copy files out versus "another helpful app"?
Bob

PS. In other words. Good job!

- Collapse -
Samsung New PC Studio/I HEAR YOU.

Thanks for your reply, Bob!

If it is so simple to use this feature for a mobile and a camera, why all the 'big deal' about a CD to install a special item-related programme obtainable on CD or through the internet. They are all "free" and you have to transfer the photos or whatever OUT of the special programme to the folder/programme that you want them to end up in anyway. Makes me wonder!

I have sort of given up on this update business. I went away for Christmas 2011 and had to stay away until mid August and when I returned and opened my computer again - 'OUFF'! Nothing worked! I have updates recorded until 15.12.2011 - the last date the computer was 'working.' and most after that are marked as "Failed." Apart, that is, from those two I mentioned in my other post, which get "installed" each time I shut down!

With AVG 2013, Malwarebytes, and Spybot - with Teatimer deactivated - I never really understood this application - I seem to be OK.

Until the big CRUNCH, that is!! Then, I shall return to CNET for help! No one seems able to sort out this update problem so I shall just leave it and keep my fingers crossed - which makes for awkward typing!

Stay well,

Regards,

Colinito.

- Collapse -
Teatimer.

The issues it created had the CNET Spyware forum moderators (and I) move away from that title. You may never see any moderator tell anyone to use that or Spybot. Spybot's inoculation was a great idea but you see folk that have install issues and think about that inoculation and then you begin to see this may no longer work.

Grif notes the current advice on scanning software at http://forums.cnet.com/7726-6132_102-5098912.html?tag=posts;msg5099421

I'd eject Spybot.
Bob

- Collapse -
Samsung New PC Studio

Hello Bob,
Firstly, thank you for addressing my problem, I was thinking that, from what you had said earlier, there was not a great deal that could be done except by a bit of luck and some persevering!
I did a scan with the Rkill. programme, scan filed if you wish to see it, but basically apart from "No issues found in the Registry. Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry." and "Windows Defender Disabled [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender] "DisableAntiSpyware" = dword:00000001" (both of which I do not understand the implication of) the result was "No Issues Found."
On un-installation of Spybot, I was informed that all components could not be removed and this could only be done manually - (What are they and How to remove them?!!)
I notice that the Rkill is from Bleeping Computers - I went there about a Babylon and MyStart toolbar recently - very friendly and very helpful.
I scanned first with MWB then with SAS.
Nil found with MWB - Scan filed if you wish to see it.
SAS discovered - 0 Memory items: 11 Registry items (marked in RED): 768 File items, (also marked in RED): Threats 779.
These were broken down into - Adware Tracking Cookies - 768: Browser Hijacker, Deskbar - 5: Adware HB Helper - 6: Critical Threats - 11.
Every item was removed by SAS- There doesn't appear to be a log to refer to identify the individual items scanned, found and removed so I cannot offer to give you details.
I also had some difficulty in opening and getting the scan to run - success was mine - eventually, though!

I will check the Windows updates (to see if there are any recorded on/in the computer!) again in the morning - I expect at shut down tonight the usual two suspects will be installed!

Just for the record, and I KNOW I shall never use many of the following, but due to much advice from many people, I have the following facilities/programmes installed that will scan my computer - Hijackthis/Eset/TdsKiller/assMBR/CCCleaner/RKill/SAS/AVG 2013/MWB. (I will probably soon need a new hard drive to keep them all on!). I quite like AVG and MWB, I am also quite impressed with the scan that SAS has just done, and I will likely keep that and use it on a regular basis. The results from the others are out of my skill/comfort zone and I would need advice on any of their scans to be able to act on them. (or go online to identify each one separately and obtain advice on what to do with them!)

Thank you for your advice so far - I'll check back with any news tomorrow!

Regards

Colinito.

- Collapse -
Babylon. What a piece of work.

My dad's machine had that and what a PITA to get it gone.

---> One last thing. Check your web browser home pages. DO NOT LET THEM BE anything with "babylon".

Hopefully this and maybe nothing more will help? I hope for the best.
Bob

- Collapse -
Samsung New PC Studio

Hello Bob,

I found your reply when I opened this morning. Just for the record, the instructions from Bleeping Computers got rid of the PITA Babylon and MyStart toolbars/browsers - no problem now, in any of my three browsers (I.E: Chrome: and Firefox) thank you!

As I expected, and as I mentioned last night, the computer Installed 2 updates before closing down, and this morning I discovered that the usual two suspects were "Installed, Successfully" as reported in Update History, but on opening Installed Updates. as usual, I am informed that No Updates Are Installed on the Computer!

As I said, I don't expect it is going to "kill" the computer at this stage, having no further updates, but it is quite annoying not being able to install them.

Regards,

Colinito.

- Collapse -
Re: updates
- Collapse -
Samsung New PC Studio/Updates

Thank you Kees, - satisfactory result - I shall now clean all the references to those two, if I can and that should get rid of the details. (I tried to search for updates after I had hidden them - but I got the same old same old error message!

Regards,

Colinito.

- Collapse -
Samsung New PC Studio

Hello Bob,

I thought I had posted this, but it doesn't appear in the thread that I am reading. I shall post it again - if it is 'hiding' somewhere, just delete it please!

Firstly, thank you for addressing my problem, I was thinking that, from what you had said earlier, there was not a great deal that could be done except by a bit of luck and some persevering!
I did a scan with the Rkill. programme, scan filed if you wish to see it, but basically apart from "No issues found in the Registry. Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry." and "Windows Defender Disabled [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender] "DisableAntiSpyware" = dword:00000001" (both of which I do not understand the implication of) the result was "No Issues Found."
On un-installation of Spybot, I was informed that all components could not be removed and this could only be done manually - (What are they and How to remove them?!!)
I notice that the Rkill is from Bleeping Computers - I went there about a Babylon and MyStart toolbar recently - very friendly and very helpful.
I scanned first with MWB then with SAS.
Nil found with MWB - Scan filed if you wish to see it.
SAS discovered - 0 Memory items: 11 Registry items (marked in RED): 768 File items, (also marked in RED): Threats 779.
These were broken down into - Adware Tracking Cookies - 768: Browser Hijacker, Deskbar - 5: Adware HB Helper - 6: Critical Threats - 11.
Every item was removed by SAS- There doesn't appear to be a log to refer to identify the individual items scanned, found and removed so I cannot offer to give you details.
I also had some difficulty in opening and getting the scan to run - success was mine - eventually, though!

I will check the Windows updates (to see if there are any recorded on/in the computer!) again in the morning - I expect at shut down tonight the usual two suspects will be installed!

Thank you for your advice so far - I'll check back with any news tomorrow!

Regards

Colinito.

- Collapse -
I see Kees added a nice note.

Thank you Kees.

- Collapse -
Samsung New PC Studio/Update

That's right, Bob, I replied to Kees with a 'thank you'!

Regards

Colinito

CNET Forums