General discussion

Samsung Netflix Cover Art

Anyone know how to fix the cover art issue? The cover art only shows up occasionally on the Samsung player. This happens on both my BDP1600 and C5500. The 5500 just installed a new OS last night and it does the same thing. in addition, the cover art that does show up, has another movies description.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung Netflix Cover Art
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung Netflix Cover Art
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Samsung Netflix Cover Art

xtrout,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

It sounds like the router isn't allowing the pictures to come through, and I'm not sure what setting would be causing that. If it was one player, I might suggest re-activating your account (deactivation can be done at the Netflix site for the individual players), but since it's both, it may be a network issue.

Are the movies able to play?

The wrong descriptions sounds like a glitch. For that, I would recommend trying to re-activate each Blu-Ray player. If that doesn't work, you may want to dial 866-716-0414 and see if Netflix technical support may be able to help out.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
art

I get the cover art on about half the movies so I don't think it is a local network issue. If I never get art, I could understand how that might be the case. But I do get it on some of the movies. Not a reactivation issue either as the 5500 makes me re-active twice a week anyways (another issue).

Yes, movies play fine.

Is there anyplace that shows recommended settings for routers?

- Collapse -
art

xtrout,

Not that I can provide.

The last time I made a suggestion on a network, someone threatened me that if that change I suggested caused him to lose his work or compromise his security, that he'd see me in court.

Needless to say, I'd love to help and have in the past. But can't these days.

It's best to contact your router's manufacturer.

I'm still not sure why another movie's description would be under a different title. Did you contact Netflix on that one?

If the other avenues fail, it can be serviced. But if it gets serviced first and you still have the same issue, then you shipped your player off for nothing.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
art

I am sure its NOT the router issue and am pretty sure it IS a samsung/netflix issue. I just think the bugs either don't get reported, or plainly don't get fixed.

- Collapse -
art

xtrout,

What happened after the device was deactivated and reactivated to your Netflix account?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
same thing

nothing changes when I deactivate/reactivate. In fact, last night I had no cover art at all. I have a BD-P1600 downstairs and it gets it's art fine so again, i believe it is model related.

- Collapse -
same thing

xtrout,

Unfortunately, I'm not able to know if it's the player or an issue with your account.

If you believe it's the player, I'd recommend calling the Samsung customer service center and have your unit serviced.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
I also can't accept any responsibility.

However we do have suggestions you can look at over in the Cnet Networking Forum.

Beyond that I was reading in the Netflix API Forums about troubles with apps when you get a lot of content. Seems there is something going on there. However since that's Netflix and not Samsung we are left to wait for Netflix to sort it out.

-> Here's an observation. I'm finding that companies are not shipping perfect products. Not that we could afford them.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info