HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

Question

Samsung Monitor 32" UHD U32D970Q - color profile problem

by fl45h / April 15, 2016 8:21 AM PDT

Hello,
I recently bought this 4K dispaly Samsung U32D970Q for my PC/Mac. I am graphic designer, color accuracy is very important for me, thats why I got this display. This display is advertise as: 99.5% Adobe RGB and 100% sRGB Color Compliance.
I am using Windows 10 x64 and when I run Adobe Photosop CC I got error on the screen
"The monitor profile appears to be defective. Please rerun your calibration software." So without this color profile,
colors on the screen are not accurate as they was soppoused to be. Can you tell me how can I fix this, please ?

regards

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Monitor 32" UHD U32D970Q - color profile problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Monitor 32" UHD U32D970Q - color profile problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
My son does such work. How?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 15, 2016 8:29 AM PDT

One of his tools is the Pantone Huey. Without a color calibration, you should see it off color.

Collapse -
this is expensive solution but
by fl45h / April 15, 2016 8:56 AM PDT

I spent enough $ for this expensive display and don't want to spend another extra 300$ or more for color calibrator, rather I want to fix this error somehow. This display is factory calibrated and probably NEW windows 10 drivers for this monitor will fix this problem, I think so.

Collapse -
I think my son's Huey was 100ish.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 15, 2016 9:00 AM PDT

If you feel it's a Samsung issue, just call 1800SAMSUNG or use their chat at samsung.com

No monitor I know is color correct save the ones that come from Apple. Again, I know my son uses his Huey every time he gets on a new monitor.

Collapse -
Thanks for your advise.
by fl45h / April 15, 2016 9:13 AM PDT

I was thinking about color calibrators and if I have no choice I'll buy it. I rang to Samsung and they said didn't release Win10 drivers yet and that could be the problem, this is silly they put monitor on the market without proper working software/driver. I don't know maybe I'll find someone who have the same problem on the forum and she/he fixed this somehow.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.