General discussion

Samsung LNT4671F, 46" - panel failed after just 2 yrs.

This was my first expensive LCD TV purchase, and am reconsidering ever doing it again. Bought this for $2099.99 on Amazon, worked beautifully for 2 years, then suddenly a long solid black horizontal line across the middle of the screen. Since I was out of the crappy 12 month SAMSUNG warranty, I took it in to my trusted repair guy, who diagnosed the issue as a defective LCD panel. Unfixable (unless you want to spend $1500, when you could simply replace the whole set for less.) Unfixable?? I spent two grand on this thing.

Come to find out SAMSUNG'S (and others') LCDs and Plasmas are plagued with these sort of issues once you get out of the first year of usage. Not built to last, and SAMSUNG admits as much. My repair guy has trouble staying in business since most of these panel issues are unfixable, and everyone's been tossing their old CRT sets away in favor of the New Wonderful.

For this kind of money, are you kidding me? Lure you into the HD game by the low prices and beautiful screens, yet SAMSUNG doesn't stand by the product after 12 months? Let's see... 12 months, $2099.99... that's $175/month of guaranteed usage. I guess I should be thankful for anything longer than that? What a scam.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung LNT4671F, 46" - panel failed after just 2 yrs.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung LNT4671F, 46" - panel failed after just 2 yrs.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info