Samsung forum

General discussion

SAMSUNG LN850 46" INTERFERENCE STILL PROBLEMS

I'm so fed up with this LCD! $2000 and im still dealing witht he problem. i had tech come out and put in a new inverter board that was suppose to fix this issue. then the idiot that came out stripped the hole on the bezel and had to have them come out again to put in a new bezel to correct the bezel from coming off the main screen.

NOW after a few months with the inverter board the comcast remote doesnt want to work again! i got a new remote from comcast and digital box thinking it was that but no its not its the LCD.

when the tv is on remote wont work. once i turn the tv off i can change anything on the box. this is pathetic and im sorry to vent but i've spent alot of money and its now been 6 months and im still not completely happy. is there anything i can do?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SAMSUNG LN850 46" INTERFERENCE STILL PROBLEMS
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SAMSUNG LN850 46" INTERFERENCE STILL PROBLEMS
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
SAMSUNG LN850 46" INTERFERENCE STILL PROBLEMS

In reply to: SAMSUNG LN850 46" INTERFERENCE STILL PROBLEMS

Lascivious1,

The best I can offer is to bring this up with the customer service agent to see if you can get your issue escalated to case management. I don't have any say on this, but if you've tried repeated attempts and no solution is found, there are other avenues to make things right. I wish I could help further, but the best I can do is to have someone attempt to fix your television again.

Keep me posted, though, and I'll help the best I can. Sorry to hear that didn't work out as a solution for you.

--HDTech

Collapse -
850 interference

HDTech,

Thanks for replying to my thread. i have now called samsung again and spent 2 hours on the phone and got nothing resolved except that they are trying to say its my cable box that is causng the issues. i could go in to full detail of wht i have done with comcast. but it would be a waste of time. we all know its not the cable box its the TV! the executive customer rep has forwarded my complaint to case management for them to call me.
At this point i am very angry and upset with how they are trying to blame comcast for this issue when i know it is not. they came out a few months ago and replaced the inverter board and everything worked perfect and excepted responsability that the tv is causing the issues and its also the reason why they fixed it. now all i did was sit on a phone a listen to some guy tell me to put tape over the box IR. this is unacceptable especially for a tv that cost me $2000.

I'd like to hear them explain to me why my 2 other LCD screens in the other rooms dont have this issue? BTW they are from Sony and they have both the same set up as my 850LCD?

I hate to vent but its sorry when you get screwed around by a company with a name like Samsung after you have put numerous purchases into their pockets and when you expect help for something thats not working right they try and place blame some where else.

i'd appreciate any help you could give me HDTech my claim #3000552879
you know whats even more dissapointing is that when i placed this repair order the company to do the work called me about 10 minutes later and told me he had this problem before and when he called Samsung for the part said Samsung told them that they dont make the inverter boards anymore and to tell people to put tape over the IR.

Tape? does not equal $2000!

Collapse -

In reply to: 850 interference

You know up till now Samsung has taken care of my issues witht his LCD but the fact that they dont make the parts anymore and want to renege on my warranty by not doing anything to resolve this issue except for telling me and service people to put tape on it or rig it someway. lets me know that i may never buy Samsung again. i really hope the camera i bought 2 months ago by Samsung doesnt crap out on me too or the DVD player.

Collapse -
850 interference

Lascivious1,

I've sent a request to see if I can have this reviewed.

--HDTech

Collapse -

Its now been 4 days not a phone call from case management. i shouldnt have to keep calling to get my situation rectified. maybe what i need to do is start filing with consumer reports or BBB about the support im recieving. my interference problem has gotten worse too. now once i turn the tv on i cant control anything for atlest 10 minutes then i can change a channel if i keep pressing the button multible times.

Im gonna wait alittel longer today to hear from them but if i have to call them back im filing first with the Better Bussiness Bureau.

Collapse -

In reply to: 850

Lascivious1,

Someone should be following up here shortly. If not, keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -

I had to call myself which bothers me and this time i actually spoke to someone again in customer exec. she was very understanding and took things in her own hands and got things in order. she had another scheduled service for me to get a new inverter board installed and even called parts and service both to make sure there was a part available and service even said it is a inverter board issue and that they would fix the problem. she even gave me her ext. to call her if i have anymore issues.

it just makes me wonder now over there who teh heck is telling people to put tape on the tv and why? she didnt seam pleased about this and said there was no reason this even had ot go to case management and the problem should have been takin care of right then and there when i was on the phone with the last customer exec. im just glad i finally got to speak with someone thats not lazy to help others and actually has a brain in their head and understands where we are coming from.

my main concern now is i hope the new inverter board works and doesnt fail on me like this last one did. i only have 7 months left on my warranty and it will really suk if the part goes out again after that. this tv cost way to much to be replacing parts 3 times in less then 6 months. i know one thing though if something fails on it again i wont be asking for a fix ill be demanding a replacement!

Hd_tech thanks for looking in to this issue and i really hope i never have to come back on here and complain again.

Collapse -

Lascivious1,

Well, keep me posted. I'm not pleased with the "tape" option either, but you'd be surprised by people who say, "oh, that's all? Okay, why didn't you say so" and hang up.

Be sure to register online to get the 3 free months if you're in the U.S.

And since this issue is already logged, you shouldn't have too much of an issue. But if you do, let me know.

Thanks for following up. Sorry for the delay, but keep me posted either way.

--HDTech

Collapse -
I have the same issue with my LN52B750

I have the same issue with my LN52B750, I have to wait around 20 minutes. It drove me crazy until I figured it out,

I went to Comcast 3 times to swap receivers thinking they were the problem.

Is there a known fix for the LN52B750 ?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.