General discussion

Samsung LN52B750, 240HZ issues

I want to know why when i activate the 240HZ option on this television the picture has issues when playing back a DVS or a Blu Ray. This is very frustrating and I am trying to figure out how this is possible because the 240 HZ is suppose to make the picture better not worse. Also why does the BD wise lower the resolution in play back? I had to manually put it on 1080p?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung LN52B750, 240HZ issues
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung LN52B750, 240HZ issues
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Samsung LN52B750, 240HZ issues

mprice260,

Sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

If you're talking about adjusting the AutoMotion Plus settings, sometimes the additional processing can make the picture seem over-processed. In the past, some people have described it as almost "too smooth" or "underwater". If this is the case, and this depends on the source content, sometimes the best setting is to turn that processing off. The TV is still showing a 240hz picture, it's just not being treated with additional processing.

BD-Wise is a pre-set that often determines where the picture processing is best done. If the TV determines that the Blu-Ray player might not do a better job of upscaling, it lowers the resolution and the TV does the additional processing. One of the two units will do a majority of the process, and BD-Wise determines which one will do a better job. If you prefer different settings, and it's noticable, then tune the television to your preferences by turning of BD-Wise.

Does that help?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Samsung LN52B750

Well i do have the processing unit turned off, but the idea that u state that when turned off the tv is still using it, does not make sense. If 240 is turned off its turned off. Even on the tv it has a demom on what the tv will do if u turned it off, which tell us that it can be turned off and turned on. The processing unit is messed up and if turing this option on, which is suppose to help, does not help, then something is very wrong. Also BD wise was on, but it would not upgrade anything to 1080p. It was like 4?? something cant rememeber. On the Samsung site it said to manually set the resolution to 1080p. Why wouldnt BD wise do that from the beginning?

CNET Forums