Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung LN52B630N1F

After 13 months of flawless display, my TV decided to only recognize one of the 4 HDMI Ports. Although I have 4 devices connected to the 4 ports, I can only see one device and that same device is displayed on all 4 ports even with the other devices plugged-in and switched on. I have upgraded the TV to the latest firmware. Changed all the HDMI cables, plugged and unplugged all the devices one at a time, reset the TV and disconnected from my network. Nothing seems to work. Samsung Technical support said they never heard of this happening and could offer no help except to set up a service call. Any ideas??

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LN52B630N1F
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LN52B630N1F
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Yes!

In reply to: Samsung LN52B630N1F

Register your set at samsung.com and you might get 3 more months of warranty.

Now it won't cost you to get it fixed.
Bob

Collapse -
No Luck.

In reply to: Yes!

I did register the product, but according to Smsung, you must register your product within 11 Months of purchase to get the additional 3 months of Extended Warranty. Looks like I am going to have it professionally serviced. Really brings into question the quality of Samsung products. I did a little research after this problem, and there are a lot of posts about some major issues with Samsung TV's. I have always liked Samsung but now I may need to try a different brand like LG.

Collapse -
No Luck

In reply to: No Luck.

jackobeta,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue with this warranty situation.

If you post back with your service transaction number from your last call to Samsung's call center, I'll be happy to have someone review the case and see if we can help. If you don't have one, try calling back to get serviced, and if you're denied again, ask for a number and post it here.

If I don't respond within a day, please be patient, as I just got back from the CES Show, and will be catching up on - literally - hundreds of posts.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Transaction Number

In reply to: No Luck

I got a ticket number "2012795751". I also got a Transaction Number "5001083788" before I realized that that the warranty has expired one month earlier. Hope you can help. Thanks.

Collapse -
WOW.... $400 to Fix

In reply to: Transaction Number

Well looks like this is going to be my last Samsung ever. I'll go back to Toshiba where I had 7 years of service without a hitch!!!!!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.