Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung LN52B610 not remembering Screen fit.

by ali2.0 / November 22, 2009 3:16 AM PST

Hello, I have the Samsung TV listed above. On ALL HDMI ports, it sets the view to 16:9, which cuts the outer part of the picture off. This is frustrating on my laptop, when I try to watch a 1080p movie through hdmi, I always have to change to screen fit. Same thing with 360/Ps3, it wont remember the Screen fit setting.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LN52B610 not remembering Screen fit.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LN52B610 not remembering Screen fit.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Can somebody help please?
by ali2.0 / December 25, 2009 1:08 AM PST

I need to know as this is VERY annoying with my HD FIOS, PS3 and 360, all having area cut around the sides. I need to know if I should return this TV and get a Bravia or not.

Collapse -
Can somebody help please?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 26, 2009 9:22 AM PST

ali2.0,

If you're using an HDMI input, then the picture will appear as a pixel by pixel representation of the source material.

I'm not sure I understand; if you have a black box around the entire screen, it would be the aspect ratio settings in the individual output source, not the television settings.

On that note, are your television picture settings reverting back? Or do those settings stay?

--HDTech

Collapse -
I AM using HDMI
by ali2.0 / January 3, 2010 4:57 AM PST

The TV stretches the picture out even though its ALREADY full 1080p and cuts it off from all sides. This is getting VERY annoying as it does this for ALL HDMI inputs and DOES NOT stay on the correct "Screen Fit" setting. So I have to change it EVERY time I change the input, or turn on the TV. I need a solution, as a Samsung tech came over to change the motherboard, and same problem. It happens on my friends 750B also, but if he changes the settings, they stay. Please help, I'm very sick of this and will probably return it soon.

Collapse -
I AM using HDMI
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 3, 2010 6:35 AM PST
In reply to: I AM using HDMI

ali2.0,

Do you lose the settings after 30 minutes or when you turn off the set? It could be that the unit is in SHOP Mode, which would cause all of the settings to reset ever 30 minutes or so.

--HDTech

Collapse -
YES!
by ali2.0 / January 3, 2010 7:40 AM PST
In reply to: I AM using HDMI

Yes they do! Anyway I can fix this?

Collapse -
(NT) YES!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 3, 2010 9:16 AM PST
In reply to: YES!

ali2.0,

To disable shop mode, you need to do one of the following:

1. Hold down the menu button on the television's bezel (not the remote) for about 10-12 seconds until it says "Dynamic" or flashes.

or if nothing happens...

2. Push the volume button up on the front/side of the television, release it, and then push down and hold the menu button for 10 seconds immediately after.

This should take out you of Shop Mode and effectively leave your setting as you prefer.

Now, if that doesn't work:

You can go into the Setup Menu and reset the plug and play. You'll be given an option to choose Home Mode or Shop Mode as you go through the menu. Choose Home Mode and you should be good to go.

Using the remote:

Go to the TUNER input (the default one when the television is turned on)

Press MENU (enter)
Select SETUP (enter)
select PLUG & PLAY (enter)

Do either of these solutions work?

--HDTech

Collapse -
NT
by ali2.0 / January 3, 2010 10:24 AM PST
In reply to: (NT) YES!

The last trick worked! The TV is now usable and wont reset!
thanks so much!

Collapse -
NT
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 3, 2010 10:31 AM PST
In reply to: NT

ali2.0,

Good news. Thanks for checking in!

Best,

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung LN52B610 TV menu?
by nioo7 / March 2, 2010 7:59 AM PST
In reply to: NT

I recently purchased a Samsung LN52B610 and i want to know why the TV menu get darker on dark scene?
It's like the TV menu follow the brightness of the screen if a dark picture is showed and i pop the TV menu the menu is dark!
Is it normal?

Collapse -
Samsung LN52B610 problem
by nioo7 / March 3, 2010 8:05 AM PST

Ok i found why it's a EPROM program error the Energy Saving option is always ON it stay at Medium always no matter what i do but works on PC IN and on Movie settings?
Dang after 7th defect HDTV i tough i was to be lucky this time but nope it look like i have to get a 8th one Sad

Collapse -
Fixed my problem Thanks
by spiteridj / June 24, 2013 5:01 PM PDT
In reply to: (NT) YES!

Thanks man I had this problem for a while and didn't have a clue how to fix it. Its not reverting anymore thanks heaps

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!