General discussion

Samsung LN52A750 picture not as good with in 4 years

i ve had the a 750 for 3 to 4 years i was wondering why the picture dosnt look so great any more is this normal for it not to look as good in less then 4 years ? would my insurance with best buy help me out ? also is the bezel still replaceable thru samsung ? (halo effect)

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung LN52A750 picture not as good with in 4 years
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung LN52A750 picture not as good with in 4 years
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Samsung LN52A750 picture not as good with in 4 years -

jortiz82,

- Collapse -
Samsung LN52A750 picture not as good it was

I may have the same problem. One week ago I noticed a change in the color. The longer I used the TV, the more the colors changed. I could get back some of the coloration by recalibrating my TV but again it would change. The color is best when I first turn on the TV.

My TV is model LN52A750R1FXZC (Canadian model). I have had it 2 1/2 yrs, since they first came out.

When I go to Service Mode (Standby-Mute-1-8-2-power on), Main:ADC Mode:HDMI, I notice that ALL calibrations show "Failure". I can turn this to success by having a checkerboard pattern sent to my HDMI 1, and have the TV recalibrate that signal. It changes some of the settings and coloration but it does not fix the problem.

There are only two boards in this TV, the Main PCB Assembly and the Power Board.

Is the Main PCB Assembly unique to Canadian models or are they interchangeable with US models?

Any ideas?

- Collapse -

Fry_Dwight,

- Collapse -

HDTech,

When you say the board may have failed, do you mean the Main PCB?
Had a TV tech come to my house yesterday with a clipboard, and he told me it was my LCD panel. I don't believe him. I beleive it's my main pcb.

I have a Canadian model of this TV and the main pcb is NOT the same number as the US models. Mine is BN41-00995C for model LN52A750R1FXZC version SQ01.

If I replace this board, is there a complex setup procedure to calibrate it?

Thanks

- Collapse -

Fry_Dwight,

- Collapse -

I believe I have fixed my problem. The ribbon cable from the main pcb to the T-Con board was a little loose at the T-Con board. Re-inserted the cable but I thought nothing of it.
Yesterday, I called Samsung, and they told me how to reset my TV using the remote: press Exit for 8 seconds, wait while TV does its thing, then unplug the power for 5 minutes.
When I turned the TV on, WOW. I had the TV on for many hours with no deterioration of the video. I now have to recalibrate for optimum performance.

Thanks to HDTech

- Collapse -

Fry_Dwight,

CNET Forums