Question

Samsung LN52A650 display problems

We bought this tv probably 5 years ago. Just in the last month or so, we would leave it on for a while while doing something else and Id notice the screen was black, but audio still on. Id need to restart the tv to get normal picture back. Then this week it will only last about 10 minutes before the screen turns black. I can tell when its about to happen because the screen will almost rotate a small amount, like its dropping, and I can see some white lines at the top, with a loss of picture quality, then turn black. It seems to be getting more frequent.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung LN52A650 display problems
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung LN52A650 display problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Tell a little more.

It sounds heat related. Did you keep up with the maintenance? Such as a little canned air on the vents once a year?
Bob

- Collapse -
Nope

No, I definitely have not. Would there be perm damage?

- Collapse -
Sadly yes.

Heat accelerates the aging of all electronics today. You find this issue a lot with most gear and makers are loathe to advise cleaning because the first maker's sales would plummet as consumers would avoid a brand that told us to do this. You get the idea by now.

If this was mine, I'd get out the canned air and did the usual vent cleaning and hope it's just a dust bunny farm issue.
Bob

CNET Forums